Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Fanuc Online Programming Jerky with Toolpath

I want to run a machining toolpath directly from my computer to the robot in real time. I got the "Run on robot" online programming working, but the problem is it stops at each point in the program. I changed the Smooth command to 100, but it didn't seem to make a difference. If I load the programs onto the controller and run it runs correctly.

Does anyone know how to smooth this out running directly from my computer? If this isn't possible with RoboDK does anyone know of an alternative way to get smooth motion from a computer to a Fanuc robot? The only other possible option I've found is the Streaming Motion option from Fanuc, but I can't find much documentation or examples of that.

Attached Files
.mp4   D494EA33-B772-453D-98D3-2BFFF3BE1D88-33187-0000045AF9E4C681.MP4 (Size: 4.91 MB / Downloads: 184)
RoboDK Drivers are not meant for smooth operations, as the Driver will wait for each command to finish before sending the next.
Machining tool paths should be uploaded to the controller using our post processor (right-click the program->send program to robot), and run from the controller.
You can however start a remote program using the Driver, when supported.
Please read the Forum Guidelines before posting!
Find useful information about RoboDK by visiting our Online Documentation.
(06-15-2022, 01:11 AM)Sam Wrote: RoboDK Drivers are not meant for smooth operations, as the Driver will wait for each command to finish before sending the next.
Machining tool paths should be uploaded to the controller using our post processor (right-click the program->send program to robot), and run from the controller.
You can however start a remote program using the Driver, when supported.

Is there a way to write a driver that would be less jerky? For example if it loaded multiple position registers at a time and then cycled through them?