Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Fanuc: Point names populated

Hello, in Fanuc LS programs points can have a text name assigned to them to allow for easier reading of the program.

What would be helpful, is if a point in a program or a rob targets name has been changed from the default Target XX, that changed name would be handy if it populated in the LS file as part of the post process.

1:J P[1:Test Name] 32% CNT100 ;

/POS
P[1:"Test Name"]{
   GP1:

With some of the automotive suppliers, we name Pick, drop, pounce, etc.

Thanks.
I'm not in charge of the development, but I do "upvote" this one.

Jeremy
Hi Andrew,

Good news, this is now possible!
This option is now available with the latest version of RoboDK.

But as for now, we need to modify all post-processor to include this feature.
Let me know if you want the option on one post-processor in particular.

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

Awesome. I'm primarily using it on the Fanuc 30iA post-processor.

It would probably be worthwhile to duplicate the 30iA post-processor into a 30iB/30iB+ post-processor and include some of the new string name limits. With the 30iB+s being rolled out and now being the main go to for builds it would probably be good to include. We are starting to see quite a few 30iB+s on jobs now.
Hi Andrew,

We'll take a look at that.
Do you know what's the new string name limits? This was pretty limitive in the past.

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

I can check for you next week. I'll be on site with a 30iB+. It's pretty large now. I think its 24 characters for programs and 32 for program comments.
That's great news.
Finally!

(11-12-2020, 06:52 PM)Jeremy Wrote: Hi Andrew,

Good news, this is now possible!
This option is now available with the latest version of RoboDK.

But as for now, we need to modify all post-processor to include this feature.
Let me know if you want the option on one post-processor in particular.

Jeremy

Hi,
I am using V5.1.1 and I am wondering if there is an option to print the point name from within the tree instead of printing a LIN command. If not, is there a way to modify the post processor for this?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)