Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Fanuc RJ3ib - Setting Register Values in RoboDK

Good morning everybody, I have a question specific to Fanuc robots. For my robot we use register values to keep track of what tool the robot currently has and what tool the robot needs to swap to when our change tool program is called. R[30: Current Tool] just keeps track of the current tool held by the robot and R[31: Change Tool] is the value our change tool program uses to jump to lines that are specific to the tool being requested. Is there a way to set these values in RoboDK? Currently I am having to manually do this on the teach pendant which isn't terrible for programs without many tool changes but it can get cumbersome for larger, more complex cut paths.
You should enter the code as is, using the program call instruction and set it to a raw insert code.

You can find more information about the program call instruction here:
https://robodk.com/doc/en/Robot-Programs...nsProgCall
Thanks for the reply Albert. So just to clarify, if I wanted to set data register 1 = 45 for example, I would insert a program call instruction, change it to "Insert Code", and type the command as it appears on the Teach Pendant? I've attached a small screenshot to help demonstrate.

Attached Files Image(s)

Yes, this should work. I understand you don't need to enter the name of the registry. 

So you should be able to simply enter the following string:
Code:
R[31] = 3;