Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

FanucRJ3 editing

Hello RoboDK team,

I am asking here on behalf of our customer.

1.He created RoboDK program using multiple Set Reference Frame Instructions.(Plz see Photo#1)
2.Once he outputs the program, UFrame No.9 are used in two lines, resulting in overwriting.(See Photo#2)  He'd like to know whether it's possible to assign them as No. 8 and No.9 automatically instead of overwriting No. 9.
3.Editing FanucRJ3 post processor, it is possible to change the number from No.9, but we do not know how to assign them to multiple numbers.(See Photo#3

RoboDK usage environment as follows;

Ver       : RoboDK v5.2.4(64bit)

Robot   : Fanuc LR Mate 200iD
Post Processors :FanucRJ3

Look forward to your reply.
Best Regards,

Hiroe

Attached Files Image(s)

Hi Hiroe,

There's two possible answers here:

1 - You can add a numerical ID at the end of the frame name to refer to a given frame registry.
By example, if the name of the frame in the tree is "Frame 7" , it will use "UFRAME[7]".
But I think the frame must be pre-define in the controller for this method to work.

2 - We could slightly modify the post to generate the wanted behavior.

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

(07-20-2021, 06:21 PM)Jeremy Wrote: Hi Hiroe,

There's two possible answers here:

1 - You can add a numerical ID at the end of the frame name to refer to a given frame registry.
By example, if the name of the frame in the tree is "Frame 7" , it will use "UFRAME[7]".
But I think the frame must be pre-define in the controller for this method to work.

2 - We could slightly modify the post to generate the wanted behavior.

Jeremy

Hi Jeremy,
I'm having the same frame number issue in my Fanuc post and I can't get it use my number. I followed your/ robodk's labeling instructions and have used every different Fanuc post but my frame is always 9 if I use the R30iA post, If I use the Fanuc post it defaults to 1 both tool and frame. I'm looking for tool3 and frame 10 in this post. I was having the same problem with the tool number but I got that to work by renaming but only with the R30 post. Thanks

RoboDK v5.2.4 licensed
Fanuc CR-7iA/L

[img]<a href=[/img][Image: uframe-9-post.jpg] [Image: frame-10.jpg]
conexxus
" />

MR-C
You need to use "UFRAME 10", not "UFRAME[10].

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

(03-01-2022, 06:22 PM)Jeremy Wrote: You need to use "UFRAME 10", not "UFRAME[10].

Jeremy

Hi Jeremy,
I used UFRAME 10, UFRAME10, and UFRAME[10] with every FANUC post available. None of it worked. The generic Fanuc post generates a tool 1 and uframe1 no matter what. The R30iA post gives me my tool3 and frame 9 for some reason. My integrator used tool 3 and frame 10 for whatever reason in a base program I'm using with 8 sub routines I'm using for multiple dispensing paths. I guess we could just change the base program to frame 9, but it still doesn't fix my problem if I ever want to post with another frame number. I can change it manually but I don't understand why I can't get it to work the way it should automatically. 

MR-C

So quick update. For giggles I tried using frame 8 and it worked. I used frame 7 and it worked. I used frame 11 and it didn't work. I used frame 12 and it didn't work. Am I limited to 9 frames?
This must be a limitation of the post-processor not accepting more than one digit for the frame ID.
If you own a profession license of RoboDK, I would recommend you to select "help"->"request support"
We should be able to help you with the required post-processor improvement.

Jeremy

(03-02-2022, 01:33 AM)Jeremy Wrote: This must be a limitation of the post-processor not accepting more than one digit for the frame ID.
If you own a profession license of RoboDK, I would recommend you to select "help"->"request support"
We should be able to help you with the required post-processor improvement.

Jeremy

Hi Jeremy,
I never would have guessed that. I figured posting in this thread would leave more community information. Thanks for the help, have a good day.

MR-C
Here is the right place to start the conversation and fix most of the issues.
Then if it needs post-processor modification, you go the "help" way, because this is only for professional customers with valid maintenance.

Jeremy