Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

General Question about MoveL and MoveC

Robot commands MoveL and MoveC are to move end-effector in a linear and circular path respectively in Cartesian space, but what about orientation? Is it decomposed to axis-angle representation and move linearly in the angle? And is it the same way for all robots generally?
For linear and circular it will simply gradually go from one orientation to the other.
You can test it out.

Robots can have multiple ways of managing MoveCs orientation and we don't.

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

Thanks for your response. I know it would go "gradually" from one orientation to the other, but there're different ways. Is it linear in angle around the common axis between the two orientation?
Like I said, contrarily to some robot brands, we don't have multiple ways to create MoveCs.
We do a linear interpolation of the angles between the starting point and the intermediary point, and the same again between the intermediary point and the final one.

I invite you to test it out yourself, you should be able to understand the behavior pretty quickly.

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

I am working on welding application and need to execute 405 degree weld (360deg rotation plus overlap). To do this I combined two MoveC rotations designed as:

1)    0deg     ->   90deg     -> 180deg
2)    180deg ->   270deg   -> 405deg

The robot executes motion flawlessly.

Starting position (0deg):

Mid-circle (180 deg):

However now, I would like the MoveC to be executed in one steady motion, without stop/start at the 180 degree point, where first MoveC finishes and second starts. Do you know how to do this?

Cheers,
Konrad

Attached Files
.rdk   Welding_kr120_90.rdk (Size: 5.19 MB / Downloads: 197)
(07-07-2022, 09:29 AM)Konrad Wrote: I am working on welding application and need to execute 405 degree weld (360deg rotation plus overlap). To do this I combined two MoveC rotations designed as:

1)    0deg     ->   90deg     -> 180deg
2)    180deg ->   270deg   -> 405deg

The robot executes motion flawlessly.

Starting position (0deg):

Mid-circle (180 deg):

However now, I would like the MoveC to be executed in one steady motion, without stop/start at the 180 degree point, where first MoveC finishes and second starts. Do you know how to do this?

Cheers,
Konrad

Apparently there was very similar problem posted earlier. All needs to be doe is to use Set Rounding value just before MoveC instructions:

https://robodk.com/doc/en/Robot-Programs...value.html

Thread:

https://robodk.com/forum/Thread-Question-about-MoveC