Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Generate and import Target

Hello,

Is it possible to import targets in the RoboDk?
I was thinking to make app which will generate some kind of target file which I will somehow import into the RoboDK software. This way I will generate targets based on some logic which makes sense for me and easily add those to the RoboDK.
I wouldn't need to create a lot of these targets manually.
Hi delicato, 

Your question got us thinking. We maybe have a solution for you. Look at the example find in the Youtube link following this post. In this case, we use a part design in SolidWorks to export the needed points to create a welding path. 

Note that the tools shown in this video were not built for that, we just found a way to make them behave a certain way. If people are interested in a feature like that, we could think of the easiest way of doing so, but still, it's working and it took me less than 10 minutes from SW parts to RDK path. 

Let us know what you think about that solution. 

Jeremy
Hello Jeremy

This looks ok, but since we are not using SolidWorks I was thinking to import my list of targets, since we usually use targets which are exported by our application which describes 3D space for certain robot and use those in the code. So when we organize every movement then it is easy to modify targets and all of that can be done without any addition software.
Hi delicato, 

1. What method do you use for extracting target positions ?
  2. What is the format of the extracted targets ?
Hi Delicato,

I attached an example that allows importing a list of points in RoboDK, automatically creating targets for each of the points and a program. The targets are created on the "Path Reference" and it allows you to adjust the position of your targets.

This macro creates only joint movements. You can later change the joint movements for linear movements. 

Alternatively, you can use MoveL_Test to see if a linear movement is possible between 2 targets. You'll find an example that implements this method here:
C:/RoboDK/Library/Macros/MoveL_Test_Make_Cube_Program.py

Attached Files
.zip   Example-LoadPoints-Camera.zip (Size: 1.64 MB / Downloads: 802)
(10-18-2018, 02:00 PM)Can I please get a copy of the Solidworks plug in? Jeremy Wrote: Hi delicato, 

Your question got us thinking. We maybe have a solution for you. Look at the example find in the Youtube link following this post. In this case, we use a part design in SolidWorks to export the needed points to create a welding path. 

Note that the tools shown in this video were not built for that, we just found a way to make them behave a certain way. If people are interested in a feature like that, we could think of the easiest way of doing so, but still, it's working and it took me less than 10 minutes from SW parts to RDK path. 

Let us know what you think about that solution. 

Jeremy
Hi Neurotek, 

You will find a copy of the Solidworks plugin at the following link : 
https://robodk.com/downloads/plugins/Set...dWorks.pdf

You can also look at our lattes video presenting the plugin capabilities : 

Jeremy
Hi Albert,

How would a python script look if you import file as curve/points?
I attached some examples:
  • The first example loads XYZ points from a CSV file and generates a robot program. Optionally, you can specify the speed in the 4th column of the CSV file. The orientation is kept constant given the start position of the robot.
  • The other example loads XYZRPW poses from a TXT file and generates a robot program.

Attached Files
.zip   Example-Load-TXT-XYZWPR.zip (Size: 1.64 MB / Downloads: 723)
.zip   RoboDK-Load-CSV.zip (Size: 1.88 MB / Downloads: 700)