Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

How can I customize the driver of motocomES

model:motoman MH24
The original driver can not be used,Move joints or Move Linear "nDOF mismatch" prompt,so I want to rewrite the driver.

I found the following tips in the documentation:
"A sample Python driver (apimecademic.py) with its source code to control Mecademic robots is available in C:/RoboDK/bin/robot/."

But I did not find the file "apimecademic.py" in the folder.

So,How should I manually write the driver? :)
Or,How can he make him run normally?
You should be able to find the file in this folder "C:\RoboDK\api\Robot"
It's a typo from the documentation which we'll correct. Thanks :)
(06-28-2018, 02:17 PM)Xiao Y Wrote: You should be able to find the file in this folder "C:\RoboDK\api\Robot"
It's a typo from the documentation which we'll correct. Thanks :)

Hello Xiao,

Yes, the file apimecademic.py is there but there is no source code available as mentioned in the documentation. How to get this source code? It would be super-useful to see the source of - currently compiled - apimecademic.pyc, to create our own driver.
We stopped providing the source code of our robot driver with the software installer a long time ago.
If you own a professional license of RoboDK under maintenance you can contact us through "Help"->"Request support" and explain what are your needs with the Mecademic driver and we will see how we can better help you with this.

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

We use educational license for our high school, using 5 seats in robotics classes and mostly play with KUKA robot. Recently, we have purchased a local brand robot (Rokae), which has postprocessor available but no driver. Our aim is to create our own driver to use the robot online. We would like to see the source of any driver, not necessarily Mecademic, to better understand how the protocol works, ie how the driver speaks to RDK and the robot. Is this something you could do?
You can send an email to info@robodk.com and ask to be transferred to me.

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel