Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

How lift an object from one side

Hello. I want a program in python language where I can grab the side of a rod or object and pull it up from one side so that the other side remains down and actually make a ramp.

I tried one or two methods like setParent, but it raises the whole bar. I appreciate your help and I have attached a screenshot of the station.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I don't understand what you mean. Do you want to pick the part and drop it somewhere? Do you have a sample RDK project file you can share?
(06-12-2023, 08:09 AM)Albert Wrote: I don't understand what you mean. Do you want to pick the part and drop it somewhere? Do you have a sample RDK project file you can share?

Parden me, i mean, the cobot lifts the bar only slightly from the right side and leave the left side on the ground.
I have written a Python program that lifts the bar from one side and simultaneously The cobot joints move as if it is lifting something. This is a clumsy simulation of lifting the bar from one side.
The program is as follows:

for i in range(iteration1):
    cobot.setJoints([a1[0]+teta1[0]*i, a1[1]+teta1[1]*i, a1[2]+teta1[2]*i, a1[3]+teta1[3]*i, a1[4]+teta1[4]*i, a1[5]+teta1[5]*i])
    bar.setPose(transl(00940)*rotx(pi/2*((-i)/200))) # set the pose with respect to the reference

I have attached a photo.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

The "lazy" way is to create a mechanism that has two rotative axes.
You can then set the elevation pitch and rotation to track your active tool.

This plug-in does something similar: https://github.com/RoboDK/Plug-In-Interf...racker.cpp
The functions used in the plug-in can be ported in Python, some are already available in robolinkutils (https://robodk.com/doc/en/PythonAPI/robo...nkutils-py).
Please read the Forum Guidelines before posting!
Find useful information about RoboDK by visiting our Online Documentation.