Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

How to modify a mechanism after building?

How can I modify a mechanism after building it?

When I do right click > "Modify robot" on a previously build mechanism in the station tree, the "Build/modify mechanisms or robot" window pops up (see image 2 below), but it seems all settings of the mechanism are lost: the selected axes, base shift (HB), end effector shift (HT), Base Reference (FB), the selected objects etc. Also it is suddenly set to a 1 rotative axis, and can't be changed anymore.

What I would like is to be able to modify e.g. the limits of a mechanism, or its "build joints". Pretty much be able to modify any of the fields I can enter when building the mechanism in the first place (as in image 1 below). Right now I'm forced to redo a full build of the entire mechanism with all its settings even for a minor modification.

Best regards,

Maarten

1) Initial build window:

2) Modify mechanism window:

To modify the build joint or the limit of the mechanism, you can click on "Parameters" after selecting the mechanism and then "Unlock advanced options".

I think we fixed that bug with the latest version Marteen.
It was a short-lasting bug when we improved the UI of the build mechanism window.

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel