Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

How to program an extruder and Fanuc robotic arm?

Hello,

I am recently doing an assignment regarding how to control Fanuc LR Mate 200id/7L with RoboDK. Because I am new to this software, I don't know where to start. 

When I first started using RoboDK software, I was able to execute a simple geometry and to move the robotic arm to create the 3D print model. However, the extruder was only able to trace and follow the toolpath (not injecting any filament).

I was wondering how I can 3D print a model with filament shown in the simulation. What are the programming tools and where I can find some relevant sample codes/programs  to fulfil this assignment?

Thank you in advance. 
Amirreza Davar
In the curve follow project settings, go to Program Events and add a program call in the "Path start" and "Path finish" sections to trigger your extruder IO.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.rdk   Additive manufacturing - ABB - 3D printing Material Deposition.rdk (Size: 2.4 MB / Downloads: 228)
(08-04-2022, 03:45 PM)Olivier Wrote: In the curve follow project settings, go to Program Events and add a program call in the "Path start" and "Path finish" sections to trigger your extruder IO.

Dear Olivier,

Thank you for the information. I appreciate it. 

I followed your instructions to activate the extruder, but each time it started printing without any material deposition. I assume the problem has something to do with the python script.

I copied the python script from the sample you provided. Presumably I should customize the python codes in respect to my own model in RoboDK. I am not sure if this is the case. 

I would be more than grateful if you can assist me to fix this problem.

Best regards,
Amirreza Davar