Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

How to use the mesh points to mesure distance?

Hi! 

I am new with python and robotdk. I'm trying to use the mesh reconstruction program to obtain the measures of an object and then do a path to the robot with those distances. But i dont know how to work with the mesh. I hope someone can help me and thank you.
The following 2 functions can help you: If you can share more information about your project we may be able to help you better (sample code, RDK project, ...).
(03-12-2023, 08:56 AM)Albert Wrote: The following 2 functions can help you: If you can share more information about your project we may be able to help you better (sample code, RDK project, ...).

Hi, I'm trying to do a vision system for a robot. The idea is to use the RGB-D camera to scan the object, in this particular case a shoe. Then measure the lenght, width and depth of the object (the shoe) and use them to create a path for the robot.
Depending on the camera brand, you can use their SDK to manipulate the data and extract the path before importing in RoboDK.
If you need to parse the data with Python yourself, you should find a python library that provides these capabilities.
Please read the Forum Guidelines before posting!
Find useful information about RoboDK by visiting our Online Documentation.