Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Import .txt file of points

Hello,
I'm a bit confused with this import points function.  I have a .txt file containing several points that I wish to import as a curve and have the robot follow that curve.
1- I inserted a Curve Following Project
2- In the Path1 settings, Path Input I choose "Select Curve"
3- IF I push the "Select Curve" button nothing happens.

When I drag my .txt file onto the project I get an object in my list and the curve shows. I right+click on the curve and selected "Extract Curve Points" and the points show as blus X's.   How can I choose these points for the curve following utility?

I cannot find a Youtube video for this function.

Thanks
Jeff
Hi Jeff, 

Did you take a look at this section of the documentation:
https://robodk.com/doc/en/Robot-Machinin...portCurves

Anyway, once the object is created in your station (after the drag and drop of the .txt file), simply open your "curve follow project", "Select curve" and click on the imported curve on your screen.

Quote:3- IF I push the "Select Curve" button nothing happens.

That's normal, "Select curve" is not there to import the curve, but to select an already imported one. 
(Quick tips:
1 - If you select a curve and the arrows are not pointing in the right direction, right-click on it and select "switch sense".
2 - When you click "Select curve" a small window should appear on the left, you can use the top buttons "Select next curve" or "Select all" to accelerate your work. )

You can also use the import .CSV file. 
I think it's a better approach as it's easier to do manual modification to a large array of points in a .cvs file compare to a .txt file.
To do so, "main menu" -> "Tools" -> "Run script" -> either "ImportCSV_XYZ" or "ImportCSV_XYZWPR"
That should create an object in your station tree.
Afterward, it's the same process as explained before. 

Hope it helps. 
Jeremy
(04-07-2020, 12:14 AM)In Jeremy Wrote: Hi Jeff, 

Did you take a look at this section of the documentation:
https://robodk.com/doc/en/Robot-Machinin...portCurves

Anyway, once the object is created in your station (after the drag and drop of the .txt file), simply open your "curve follow project", "Select curve" and click on the imported curve on your screen.

Quote:3- IF I push the "Select Curve" button nothing happens.

That's normal, "Select curve" is not there to import the curve, but to select an already imported one. 
(Quick tips:
1 - If you select a curve and the arrows are not pointing in the right direction, right-click on it and select "switch sense".
2 - When you click "Select curve" a small window should appear on the left, you can use the top buttons "Select next curve" or "Select all" to accelerate your work. )

You can also use the import .CSV file. 
I think it's a better approach as it's easier to do manual modification to a large array of points in a .cvs file compare to a .txt file.
To do so, "main menu" -> "Tools" -> "Run script" -> either "ImportCSV_XYZ" or "ImportCSV_XYZWPR"
That should create an object in your station tree.
Afterward, it's the same process as explained before. 

Hope it helps. 
Jeremy

Thank you Jeremy.
I was skipping the critical "Done" step.