Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Inverse Kinematics

Hi, I am a user of RoboDK 4.0 version. Can you help me better understand how RoboDK solves the inverse kinematic problem? How is RoboDK able to match parameters based on the position of the provided operating point?
Thank you very much if you can help me to understand this matter better!
RoboDK uses an analytical inverse kinematics solution for most robot arms. For some robots, this solution is iterative.
Thank you for your feedback, Albert!
Do you have a good article or tutorial so I can find out more about this?
RoboDK does not have tutorials about how to solve the inverse kinematics problem. I recommend you to look for books dedicated to robotics or scientific papers.
Can you show me which piece of code causes roboDK to perform the reverse kinetic deconstruction process, Albert?
Hello,

I assume most robot models in Library come with their own inverse kinematic solvers, but Albert said some of them are iterative ones.
Could you provide us examples of which type of robot arms are exceptions?
Right-click your robot->Parameters>Inverse Kinematics Options will give you insight on the solver method (typically 7 axis robots).
Please read the Forum Guidelines before posting!
Find useful information about RoboDK by visiting our Online Documentation.
Hello, I am using the Ur5e Robot, what ik is used in this robot? 
In addition, what type of iterative method are using?
When you use the default robot kinematics for 6-axis robot arms, the inverse Kinematics solution is analytical and you should see many solutions to reach the same target.

When you use the controller kinematics, the inverse kinematics solution is iterative. The controller kinematics can be imported from a URP file generated by your Universal Robots robot controller or after calibrating your robot.