Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Is it possible to load external collision-free map?

There is a discussion about save collision-free map as a .CSV file
I'm wondering is there a method to load external collision-free map, generated by another computer?
So that we may allocate a computer dedicate for generating fine collision-free map.

-Yishin
Hi Yishin,

It is possible for you to modify the collision map from an external source. You can set the collision map using the RoboDK API and the function setCollisionActivePair.

More information here:
https://robodk.com/doc/en/PythonAPI/robo...ActivePair

Albert
Yishin and me have some discussion on his question and seems that his question misleads your answer to collision map.

We are wondering if it is a valid idea to offload the calculation of a larger PRM map to another computer in the following steps:
1. after defining the work cell, generate a moderate map in say one hour and then add some programs (paths) into the .rdk
2. duplicate the .rdk in step1 to another computer B and generate a larger map on B; while working on the first computer A
3. export the map generated on B with plugin CollisionFreePlanner and its plugin commands SaveSamples and SaveMap,
4. load the exported map to the .rdk on A with plugin command Add

If this offloading idea is valid, is there an example or document for plugin command Add to create a PRM map given a list of joint values or the two .csv files generated by SaveSamples and SaveMap?

shiu
Hi Shiu,

Unfortunately it is currently not possible to use multiple computers to calculate the same PRM map. However, if you have an Nvidia graphics card I would recommend you to consider enabling CUDA acceleration here:
  1. Tools-Options
  2. Select Display tab
  3. Collision checking hardware: select CUDA
Albert
You can just save an rdk station, run the calculations on another pc and then load it back on your laptop etc
(05-15-2021, 10:19 PM)colinb83 Wrote: You can just save an rdk station, run the calculations on another pc and then load it back on your laptop etc

But it requires the feature to export and import path settings, right?
Here's our expected use case:
  1. abc.rdk - do collision calculation on computer-A; assume it may take more than 24 hours.
  2. abc.rdk - do robot path tuning on computer-B while "1" is busy working. 
  3. Hopefully, we can export and import selected path settings (and related Frames, Curves...). Can we?
I do think that you could export and import a fair share of information.
But could you provide a simple .rdk station with a list of what you would like to transfer EXACTLY?

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

(05-16-2021, 10:41 AM)Jeremy Wrote: I do think that you could export and import a fair share of information.
But could you provide a simple .rdk station with a list of what you would like to transfer EXACTLY?

.rdk   RDKEVAL.rdk (Size: 3.9 MB / Downloads: 306) is attached. 

What we would like to export are CFP settings and related objects/programs.
If this is doable, we can have multiple team members doing different parts of the same project and merge their work together. 
Are there Python APIs for this kind of job?