Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Issues since maintenance expiry

(11-21-2022, 01:38 PM)Maarten Wrote: Adding -SKIPMAINT to the shortcut target works when opening RoboDK via this shortcut. But when RoboDK is launched by opening an .rdk file, the maintenance prompt is still issued (I assume because this way it doesn't launch via the shortcut).

Also, the UI additions still doesn't load when launching RoboDK by opening an .rdk file.

I also have this issue. Opening from the start menu doesn't create the window, but when I double-click a file from file explorer, the maintenance window issue occurs. Is there any way to stop this?

I have already made sure that .rdk files are set to open with a shortcut that includes the -SKIPMAINT command line argument.
How did you configure Windows to open files with the skip maintenance flag?
I changed the shortcut at C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\RoboDK to target C:\RoboDK\bin\RoboDK.exe -SKIPMAINT instead of just C:\RoboDK\bin\RoboDK.exe. I subsequently right-clicked a .rdk file and chose Properties. I set "Opens with" to be the path to that RoboDK shortcut that I modified to have the -SKIPMAINT flag.
I believe you should change a special registry hey:
  • Registry key: Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\RoboDK\shell\open\command
  • Name: (Default)
  • Type: REG_SZ
  • Data: "C:\RoboDK\bin\RoboDK.exe" "%1"
This data is the default value, I believe you should use:
Code:
Data: "C:\RoboDK\bin\RoboDK.exe" -SKIPMAINT "%1"
Looks like you might have an environment variable in there ("INSTDIR"?). Mine just looks like "C:\RoboDK\bin\RoboDK.exe", with no $ either.

Did you mean to have the -SKIPMAINT flag in there rather than -NEWINSTANCE? I tried with both and in both cases, the maintenance window still showed up, even after a computer restart.

Here's what mine looked like after making the change you suggested:
"C:\RoboDK\bin\RoboDK.exe" -NEWINSTANCE "%1"

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

You are correct. Thanks for letting me know. I'll update my post accordingly.

I don't know what other registry could change this behavior...
While I don't have a solution either, my first impulse when attempting to fix the issue was to look in Tools > Options or Help > License. It feels like it should be possible to disable reminder messages through the normal settings screen rather than resorting to registry modifications. Perhaps a future version of RoboDK could support this behavior.
Thank you for your feedback. We'll try to implement this with future versions.