Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Kuka KRC2 Online Connection

Hi,

I'm experiencing difficulty while attempting to connect and retrieve current joints on my Kuka KRC2(win95) controller version 4.1.6 SP3. I can successfully ping as well as connect to the controller, but when I issue the get current joints command, RoboDK disconnects and then immediately reconnects to the controller.

KUKAVARPROXY shows that I am connected and appears to be receiving the request for $AXIS_ACT but it seems to disconnect right after receiving the request. I've attached an image showing the debug screen of KUKAVARPROXY as well as my $config.dat file

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Attached Files
.zip   KRC2_OnlineConnection.zip (Size: 675.59 KB / Downloads: 845)
(08-24-2018, 06:50 PM)BC1 Wrote: Hi,

I'm experiencing difficulty while attempting to connect and retrieve current joints on my Kuka KRC2(win95) controller version 4.1.6 SP3. I can successfully ping as well as connect to the controller, but when I issue the get current joints command, RoboDK disconnects and then immediately reconnects to the controller.

KUKAVARPROXY shows that I am connected and appears to be receiving the request for $AXIS_ACT but it seems to disconnect right after receiving the request. I've attached an image showing the debug screen of KUKAVARPROXY as well as my $config.dat file

Thank you!

Hi, i tried today to connect via ethernet i saw your problem, what i saw that u has diffrent $config filme:
INT COM_ACTION=0
INT COM_ACTCNT=0
REAL COM_ROUNDM=0 <--- u have heare -1
REAL COM_VALUE1=0
REAL COM_VALUE2=0
REAL COM_VALUE3=0
REAL COM_VALUE4=0
DECL E6AXIS COM_E6AXIS
DECL FRAME COM_FRAME
DECL POS COM_POS
check this https://robodk.com/doc/en/Robots-KUKA.html in the end of tutorial.
(08-25-2018, 06:14 PM)zajkowskie Wrote:
(08-24-2018, 06:50 PM)BC1 Wrote: Hi,

Thank you!

Hi, i tried today to connect via ethernet i saw your problem, what i saw that u has diffrent $config filme:
INT COM_ACTION=0
INT COM_ACTCNT=0
REAL COM_ROUNDM=0 <--- u have heare -1
REAL COM_VALUE1=0
REAL COM_VALUE2=0
REAL COM_VALUE3=0
REAL COM_VALUE4=0
DECL E6AXIS COM_E6AXIS
DECL FRAME COM_FRAME
DECL POS COM_POS
check this https://robodk.com/doc/en/Robots-KUKA.html in the end of tutorial.

Hi zajkowskie,

Thanks for your reply. That's a great observation! Are you having success connecting to a KRC2?

I went in and changed the variable value for COM_ROUNDM back to 0 and re-ran the program. It appears that RoboDKsync changes the COM_ROUNDM variable value to -1 at the beginning of execution. I pasted a snippet of code below showing where RoboDK changes the variable value in blue. 

DEF RoboDKsync33test()
INT io_id
INT j_id
INT program_id

BAS(#INITMOV,0)

PTP $AXIS_ACT

$ORI_TYPE  = #VAR
$CIRC_TYPE = #BASE
$VEL.ORI1 = 200
$VEL.ORI2 = 200
$ACC.ORI1 = 100
$ACC.ORI2 = 100

$VEL.CP=3
$ACC.CP=10

$BASE = {FRAME: X 0,Y 0,Z 0,A 0,B 0,C 0}
$TOOL = {FRAME: X 0,Y 0,Z 0,A 0,B 0,C 0}

$ADVANCE = 0
COM_ROUNDM = -1 <----- RoboDKsync Changes the variable value here
COM_ACTION = 0
COM_ACTCNT = 0
$APO.CPTP = 0
$APO.CDIS = 0
I would recommend turning off Windows firewall and reboot the robot controller. Let me know if you still have issues and provide a screenshot of the log window. You can also try to delete the this file:
C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\RoboDK-Drivers\apikuka.exe.ini
It will be generated automatically next time you try to connect. I would try to increase the timeout if you are not directly connected to the robot.

Changing COM_ROUNDM won't help as this is internally managed by RoboDKsynch.src file.
(08-28-2018, 11:02 PM)Albert Wrote: I would recommend turning off Windows firewall and reboot the robot controller. Let me know if you still have issues and provide a screenshot of the log window. You can also try to delete the this file:
C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\RoboDK-Drivers\apikuka.exe.ini
It will be generated automatically next time you try to connect. I would try to increase the timeout if you are not directly connected to the robot.

Changing COM_ROUNDM won't help as this is internally managed by RoboDKsynch.src file.

Hi Albert,

I've attempted all of the suggestions you've made but the problem is still present. I've attached a zip file with screenshots.

The steps I've taken are outlined below:

Removed antivirus software from KRC2 controller
Turned off firewall on the computer running RoboDK
Deleted apikuka.exe.ini
Rebooted KRC2 controller
Verified connection on Kukavarproxy
started RoboDKsync35 on robot(running in auto mode in a continuous loop)
Pinged the controller
changed the timeout setting to a longer duration
Connected RoboDK
Sent the get joints command

Results:
Once I sent the get joints command, RoboDK disconnected and reconnected immediately. Changing the timeout to a longer duration did not appear to affect the disconnect and reconnect time. Kukavarproxy showed the same results as shown in the image from my initial post.

Attached Files
.zip   RoboDK_TroubleShooting.zip (Size: 57.09 KB / Downloads: 607)
Thank you for this detailed report. 
However, I'm not sure what the issue could be.
The connection timeout should not make a big difference if you are directly connected to the robot.
I would recommend you to make sure you are directly connected to the robot.
Also, make sure to try with the latest version of RoboDK:
robodk.com/downloads/Win64

Are sure that you kukavarproxy can work on the KRC2 controller version 4.1.6?
I have tried this already with the client I have written to connect to kukavarproxy and it is possible to get connection between client and kukavarproxy, in your case it is between robodk and kukavarproxy. And I belive that on the kukavarproxy you can see those variables you want to read/write. But the problem is that there is a difference in way that controller works in the case of the versions 4.1.6 and 5... I have tried the same client with the version 5(I don't remember which one excatly) and that worked.
Also are you sure it is version krc2 and not krc1?
Because I have seen krc1 with 4.1.7 and windows 98.

You can try to connect to the krc1 or to your krc2 via crosscom, but it is possible only locally for that you can build a client, but that is another topic.

In the case this is correct I am afraid that kukavarproxy will give what you are looking for.
(09-27-2018, 05:24 PM)delicato Wrote: Are sure that you kukavarproxy can work on the KRC2 controller version 4.1.6?
I have tried this already with the client I have written to connect to kukavarproxy and it is possible to get connection between client and kukavarproxy, in your case it is between robodk and kukavarproxy. And I belive that on the kukavarproxy you can see those variables you want to read/write. But the problem is that there is a difference in way that controller works in the case of the versions 4.1.6 and 5... I have tried the same client with the version 5(I don't remember which one excatly) and that worked.

You can try to connect to the krc1 or to your krc2 via crosscom, but it is possible only locally for that you can build a client, but that is another topic.

In the case this is correct I am afraid that kukavarproxy will give what you are looking for.

Hi Delicato,

Thank you for your response.

I'm not certain that it's a KRC2, but the tag on the controller states that it's a type (V)KR C2. The GUI version shown on the pendant is V3 3.76 B207 (V)KR C1 V 3.3/V4.1. This system was originally built to be used in a GM factory so therefore it may not be a standard controller and there seems to be contradictions between the cabinet tag and software versions. 

We bought the system used with hopes of being able to get it working with RoboDK. The controller is running windows 95. I'm not familiar with the differences between the software versions as this is the only Kuka that I've had the opportunity to work with.

I plan to continue experimenting with it to try to get things working, but if you could provide any additional insight, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again!
(10-03-2018, 05:01 PM)BC1 Wrote:
(09-27-2018, 05:24 PM)delicato Wrote: Are sure that you kukavarproxy can work on the KRC2 controller version 4.1.6?

Hi Delicato,

Thank you for your response.

I'm not certain that it's a KRC2, but the tag on the controller states that it's a type (V)KR C2. The GUI version shown on the pendant is V3 3.76 B207 (V)KR C1 V 3.3/V4.1. This system was originally built to be used in a GM factory so therefore it may not be a standard controller and there seems to be contradictions between the cabinet tag and software versions. 

We bought the system used with hopes of being able to get it working with RoboDK. The controller is running windows 95. I'm not familiar with the differences between the software versions as this is the only Kuka that I've had the opportunity to work with.

I plan to continue experimenting with it to try to get things working, but if you could provide any additional insight, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again!

Hello

I would say this means you are working with the KRC1 instead of KRC2, I have seen the actual robot with this kind of system and as I remember it is KRC1 not KRC2.
I am not sure how to interface RoboDK with this kind of robot, since there is a different kind of connection.
What I would do is, I would make a program, which is anyway independent of the robot, use post processing for kuka since the code is the same in KRC1 and KRC2 and try it with your robot (decrease speed:D).
Because to make a connection with the KRC1 will take a lot of inteferencing, since the KRC1 cannot use KUKAVARPROXY and therefore RoboDK client which connects to KUKAVARPROXY will not be able to run.
You can also try to make a COM server for KRC1 using activeX and then a client to connect to it, but for that you should put foreign software on your KRC1 PC which is not what some customers would agree on.

Or more easily, you can make a program in RoboDK and you can change the values in the KUKA controller and that way go from one to another step.
There is a difference in the way that controller works in the case of the versions 4.1.6 and 5.