Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Kuka KRC4 DAT Post Processor - synchronized axis

Hello,
I have a robot program with a synchronized axis and used the Kuka KRC4 Dat post processor.
When I copied the code to the Kuka I got some errors.
Attached you can find a screenshot of Kuka touchpanel.

Another problem that I had is that the reference frame in the code was always zero.
Is this normal?

Code:
; BASE_DATA[2] = {FRAME: X 0.000,Y 0.000,Z 0.000,A 0.000,B 0.000,C 0.000}

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Can you share the RoboDK project file (RDK file) you used to generate this program?
Can you show more details regarding the "Variable not declared issue"?

You are probably using the robot base and this is why the Base frame matches the robot base.

Regarding the issue "Component not of this type":
I assume you have at least one external axis? Does it work if you remove the E1 value?
Hello,
Yes I have one synchronized axis in this program.
I attached a similar project.
You can also see the other error.

The error only occurs on MoveJ, MoveL works.

When I remove the E1 value it will work.

Quote:You are probably using the robot base and this is why the Base frame matches the robot base.

Like you can see in the project, I don't use the robot frame, but the base is still zero.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.rdk   SyncAxisTest.rdk (Size: 975 KB / Downloads: 174)
The KUKA KRC4 DAT post processor may require some modifications to make it work with an external axis.

Also, if you don't have a synchronized turntable you should also remove this synchronization in RoboDK.

Does it work if you generate the program using the default KUKA KRC4 post processor?
Hello Albert,
The default postprocessor works, but here I am not able to use the TouchUp function, to edit points in the real application.
I tried to use the synchronized axis, because I don't know how to generate code for a not synchronized axis.
My axis is connected to the Kuka. When I now try to generate code for a not synchronized axis it looks something like this:
(90 degree)

Code:
; Program generated by RoboDK v5.5.3 for AsynchroizedAxis on 30/01/2023 10:18:06
; Using nominal kinematics.
; ---- Setting reference (Base) ----
; BASE_DATA[2] = {FRAME: X 0.000,Y 0.000,Z 0.000,A 0.000,B 0.000,C 0.000}
$BASE = {FRAME: X 0.000,Y 0.000,Z 0.000,A 0.000,B 0.000,C 0.000}
; $BASE = BASE_DATA[2]
; --------------------------
PTP {A1 90.00000,A2 0.00000}

This wont work on my Kuka controller because PTP A1 and A2 is the robot itself.
Does it work if you just replace the A1 and A2 axes by E1 and E2 in your generated code?

We can help you customise a post processor to export these axes as E1 and E2 accordingly. RoboDK takes care of this when axes are synchronised but I understand you don't want to synchronise them because the DAT file export is not supported. Correct?