Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

LIN movement simulation using a turntable

Hello,

I have created a station that contains a KUKA KR 60-3 robot and a turntable model by me. In the frame of the upper part of the table (the rotating one) I have created 3 targets and programmed LIN movements between them. When I simulate this in RoboDK everything works fine with and without synchronizing the mechanism. On the other hand, when I connect RoboDK to the real life robot everything works fine except the case in which I want to simulate LIN movements between the targets while the turntable is synchronized. Instead of following the displayed trajectoy, the end effector starts going "under" the robot, trying to reach the robot base I think. When simulating on the real life robot everything works fine if the movements are JOINT movements (MoveJ).

Thank you for your time!
This means the way your frames (bases) are setup in RoboDK does not match the way your frames (bases) are setup on the controller.
MoveJs always work first, as you simply ask the robot and the table to go to a certain set of values, having MoveL working requires both setups to be exactly the same.

Try figuring out the direction of the Z-axis of your turntable on the robot controller. That would be the first thing to look at.

Also take a look at this if you are using the driver: https://robodk.com/doc/en/Robots-KUKA.ht...ADriverExt
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

I didn't manage yet to make the robot and turntable cooperate as they should. Is it possible to receive the KUKA KRC2 post-processor in a editable form? I want to set the value of FRAME_INDEX to TRUE.
If you own a professional license of RoboDK, you can contact us through "Help"->"Request support" and ask for a specific post-processor.

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel