Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Lasertracker base measurement

Hello,

i am currently working with a KUKA KRC4 controller and a Faro Lasertracker XV2, now when i try to measure the position of the lasertracker it always changes the position of my reference target. In the manual i found-> https://robodk.com/doc/de/Robot-Calibrat...ziele.html, are only two options to choose from, in the version i have, i can set 3 frames. Is there a manual how to perform the correct measurement from the base to the trackersystem so the frame stays in place?
What do you mean it changes the position of your reference target? In this case, you can uncheck the option follow target. Once you have properly measured your base setup and tool setup it will aim for the target automatically.
I'm encountering an issue while attempting to position my frame using three coordinates: X, X, Y. Initially, I successfully set the frame orientation using the "set frame orientation" method. However, when I proceed to measure it with the laser tracker, the frame (referred to as SMR CAL in this case) unexpectedly jumps to the bottom of the table. I'm puzzled as to what might be causing this problem and would greatly appreciate any insights or suggestions.

PS: Where do i find the "follow target" option?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Any Solutions please?
I'm sorry for the delays. This issue is probably related to a wrong base setup.

Also, you should not set the measurement reference after you start calibrating the robot. This can lead to confusion.

Can you share your RoboDK project file? We can better take a look.
No Problem, was just a friendly reminder 

i now have the whole procedure with screenshots, and can provide the project after the measurement, maybe this helps

just for explaination, the program prog2 runns threw the points and is stopped with the teachpanel, after each destination, simultaniously the "measure reference" measures the position P1 - P3, 
the real distance from the robot to the tracker is about 2m in Y+ direction, and 1 meter in X+, corresponding to the Base coordinate system

i hope you can fix my Problem.

thanks in advance

Attached Files Image(s)

.rdk   Tracker Measurement_after.rdk (Size: 1.14 MB / Downloads: 117)
If your goal is to calibrate the robot I recommend you to start with only 1 SMR and the tracker base setup. So I don't recommend you to use the option Set measurement Reference feature. Thsi is only useful if you are planning to move the tracker during the robot calibration process.

You can select Reset to clear this reference and simply select the Measurements reference and the Tracker reference as shown in the project attached.

Summarizing, to have a good first calibration and get familiar with the software I recommend you to do the following:
  1. Remove the measurement (it will use the laser tracker reference). This shold be fine unless you move the tracker but I don't recommend you to do so anyways to maximize accuracy.
  2. Add a small box object at the tool to prevent collisions with your SMR as shown in the project attached.
  3. Select Tools-Calibrate robot to start the calibration. I used XYZ measurements and it should be enough even if you use the T-Mac. But I see you are using SMRs anyways.
  4. I recommend you to use only one SMR to start with. This will avoid confusion.
  5. The script that gets added when you start a robot calibration allows you to define some settings for the workspace. You can run the Create measurements script again and change these settings if you need.
  6. The tool you use for calibration should be called CalibTool 1. If you have more tools (TCP) they should be called CalibTool 2, CalibTool 3 and so on.
  7. I recommend you to start with the Base setup and the Tool setup measurements. The whole calibration procedure is automated if you were able to connect to the tracker and the robot using the drivers.
  8. Once you complete the Base setup and the Tool setup you'll see that the tracker is placed at the accurate location and the TCP is properly calculated. You can then run the Create Measurements script again to recalculate everything. The Z axis of the TCP will point to the tracker so it represents the direction of the mirror.
Let me know if you need more help. I attached the project with these edits to have the calibration with 1 SMR.

Attached Files
.rdk   Tracker Measurement v2.rdk (Size: 4.08 MB / Downloads: 151)