Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Meca 500 Not Following MoveL Shown in Simulation

I have a Meca 500 that I have successfully run programs with moveJ but moveL commands send the robot to do movements that are not shown in simulation. The program then errors out due to the handshake failing as the theoretical position does not match the robots true position. To illustrate I have two photos. The first shows the simulation after I ran a moveL in run online, then after I updated position of the true position of the robot and the pose changes. I have tried a variety of programs and different methods of using moveL. The Hexagon program attached is a basic one off git that leads to a failure. 

Before update Position

After update Position

I've attached my station. The 'Hexagon Test' and 'Linear Move' programs both work in simulation but not in online as discussed. 

Robodk v5.5.2 64bit windows.
Driver: apimecademic.py 
Stock Meca 500 model.

.rdk   SpiralMeca.rdk (Size: 1.14 MB / Downloads: 175)
Can you try with the API mecademicpy driver?
Do you set robot.setPoseTool() and robot.setPoseFrame() in your program?
Please read the Forum Guidelines before posting!
Find useful information about RoboDK by visiting our Online Documentation.
Hello Sam,
When I try to use the apimecademicpy.py driver I receive this error message.

Process stopped

Stopped
Stopped
Starting robot driver: C:/RoboDK/api/robot/apimecademicpy.py
Starting...
Not started
Sending command...
Unexpected error: Traceback (most recent call last):
Unexpected error: File "C:\RoboDK\api\robot\apimecademicpy.py", line 26, in <module>
Unexpected error: exec("from v" + version_str + ".apimecademicpy import *")
Unexpected error: File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
Unexpected error: File "C:\RoboDK\api\robot\apimecademicpy.py", line 98, in <module>
Unexpected error: File "C:\RoboDK\api\robot\apimecademicpy.py", line 175, in MecaRobot
Unexpected error: AttributeError: module 'mecademicpy.robot' has no attribute '_Message'
Stopped
Stopped

I am not connected to internet when I connect to the robot in this case, but I am connected to the robot via wifi. 

Currently I am not using robot.setPoseTool() or robot.setPoseFrame() in my programs.
Try adding robot.setPoseTool(robot.PoseTool()) and robot.setPoseFrame(robot.PoseFrame()) in your code.

This crash log is because you are missing a dependency (mecademicpy).
What is the driver version you are using (see the log)? You need either mecademicpy 1.2.1 or 1.3.0 depending on the driver version.
The driver that is shipped with the latest version of RoboDK requires mecademicpy 1.3.0.
Please read the Forum Guidelines before posting!
Find useful information about RoboDK by visiting our Online Documentation.
Yup the robot.setPoseTool(robot.PoseTool()) did the trick; linear moves now run as expected.

From my log I have
Starting robot driver: C:/RoboDK/api/robot/apimecademic.py
Starting...
RoboDK Driver v2.3.1 for Mecademic robot controllers