Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Meca500 run on robot issue

Exclamation 
hello, 
I'm having problems using the function "run on robot" with the robot meca500 on macOS, as every time it returns the following error right after making the first movement:

Sending command...
Working...
Unexpected error: Exception in thread Thread-1:
Unexpected error: Traceback (most recent call last):
Unexpected error: File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.8/lib/python3.8/threading.py", line 932, in _bootstrap_inner
Unexpected error: self.run()
Unexpected error: File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.8/lib/python3.8/threading.py", line 870, in run
Unexpected error: self._target(*self._args, **self._kwargs)
Unexpected error: File "C:\RoboDK\api\robot\apimecademic.py", line 654, in RunDriver
Unexpected error: File "C:\RoboDK\api\robot\apimecademic.py", line 705, in RunCommand
Unexpected error: File "C:\RoboDK\api\robot\apimecademic.py", line 123, in joints_error
Unexpected error: TypeError: object of type 'NoneType' has no len()

the connection with the robot works, and also the getPosition function, but every time I try to move the robot it returns the same error, right after moving the robot to the first position.
Any advice?
Hi ezio,

What version of RoboDK are you using? (Help->About)
Please include the release date.

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

I'm using version v5.2.1.19949-Relase Date 2021-02-08
Hello, the message id for joint messages changed with mecademic firmware 7.x to 8.x, I have attached a copy of the driver with the fix for firmware 8.3. 

This driver update will be included with future versions of robodk but for now you can download the attached file and copy it to "C:\RoboDK\api\Robot" or the equivalent path for your installation.

Attached Files
.py   apimecademic.py (Size: 34.94 KB / Downloads: 1,006)
Thanks for the fix Phillip. This issue is now fixed with the latest version of RoboDK published today.