Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Mitsubishi Rv-2AJ

Hello, 

when i try to connect to the RV-2AJ robot from RoboDK i am getting the following error: 

Disconnected
Stopped
Starting robot driver: C:/RoboDK/api/robot/apimitsubishi.py
Starting...
Error: Process failed to start: The system cannot find the file specified. (id 0)
Cannot start C:/RoboDK/api/robot/apimitsubishi.py
Failed

The ping works and i can connect and move the robot from RT ToolBox. I have the trial version of RoboDK. 

Thank you for any help you can offer.
The Mitsubishi RV-2AJ is a 5 axis robot. What controller are you using?
You may need to use a specific driver for this robot so it uses axis 6 as axis 5.

Are you able to generate a PRG program for this robot and run it on the controller?
The controller is a CR1-571.
I will write a program tomorrow.
On the origin table i see six rows filled: D, J1, J2, J3, J5 and J6. The data for J4 is empty.
We have a linear axis too if that can be a problem.

Thank you very much for support.
Now i can connect to the robot but the J2 joint is somehow inverse of the real robot.
Can i download somwhere the 5 axis version of the robot ?
Hi,

thank you for the "great" support my trial has ended.
Our driver for Misubishi robots currently does not support this robot. In any case, you should be able to use drivers even after the trial ends.

Even with the full version you'll have limited functionality using the RV-2AJ robot. Mostly because it is a 5-axis robot and the default Mitsubishi driver is meant to work with 6-axis robots.
How can i use if the J2 is inverse of the real robot ?
Any plans to make a driver for the 5 axis version ?
(02-10-2020, 09:32 AM)cslehel Wrote: Now i can connect to the robot but the J2 joint is somehow inverse of the real robot.
Can i download somwhere the 5 axis version of the robot ?

How did you manage to connect to it I’m having the same issue?

Thanks