Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Model Mechanism or robot problem

Hi,
I imported the six-axis robot STL format file into robodk, and tried to use the "Model Mechanism or robot" function to create a new robot. But I found that the rotation direction of the robot generated after clicking the Update button is not the same as my actual robot. I tried to adjust the parameters in the dialog box but it did not work. The documentation on the official website is too brief. The first picture is the initial state, the second and the third pictures are the rotated states.Is there a solution?Thanks.

Hi Ice,

You need to make sure the origin of your 3D model aligns with the base of the robot.
Right now you see the "My mechanism base" is not connected to the robot base.

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

Hi Jeremy,
My robot is not a standard six-axis robotic arm. Its axis rotation direction is different from that of a general robotic arm. I have imported the base, but the rotation direction is still incorrect, even if the angle is adjusted in the parameters.
Can you provide your .rdk station?

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

How to append attachments?I did not find the button.
Hi Ice,

I explained it here, the first comment at the top of the page: https://robodk.com/forum/Thread-Default-...ast?page=2

Jeremy