Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
MoveL is not working properly with KUKA
#1
MoveL is not working properly with KUKA KR R700 sixx. 

I'm trying to do simple linear movements with three target points referenced to frame2 which is the same point as base of the robot. Target 1 is joint target while target 2 and 3 are cartesian target. The program tries to do joint move to first target and linear movements to 2 and 3 but it does not follow the preset simulation.

It instead goes down and almost crashed with work table. The robot is runned by the "generate program" function and sent offline to the controller. But I don't get why it is not following the predefined path. Do you know of any solutions and what the problem is caused by?

I'm also trying to connect the robot to online with driver with this guide: https://robodk.com/doc/en/Robots-KUKA.html#DriverKUKA   but I get an error file RoboDKsync35 and can't run the robot directly with "run with robot".



           
#2
Your first joint target looks incorrect. When you generate the KUKA SRC program you can see that A3 (joint 3) is close to -90 deg. However, if you want a normal "elbow up" robot arm configuration, this joint target should be close to +90 deg.

Regarding the issue related RoboDKsync file, you should select Error list to better understand what the issue is. You probably didn't define the global variables as mentioned in the guide you are referring to.
#3
(07-15-2022, 09:28 AM)Albert Wrote: Your first joint target looks incorrect. When you generate the KUKA SRC program you can see that A3 (joint 3) is close to -90 deg. However, if you want a normal "elbow up" robot arm configuration, this joint target should be close to +90 deg.

Regarding the issue related RoboDKsync file, you should select Error list to better understand what the issue is. You probably didn't define the global variables as mentioned in the guide you are referring to.

Hi, 

Thanks for the reply. It seems that the snapshots we had attached are not the best ones to describe our problem,  so I made a new program showing robot in a much simpler configuration. In the attached photographs you can see position of the TCP at the 'target2' in the simulation and the actual position of the TCP when it tries to make  a linear movement from 'home' to 'target2'. So, the problem we are encountering with 'MoveL' is more general and not for a typical configuration for movement. May be it is worth mentioning that position of the target2 and target3 are retrieved by actually moving the robots to that point, so in realty it is possible for the robot to reach these points.

Another point is everything works fine while using 'MoveJ' command.

Regarding 'RoboDksync35' I tried to  edit 'Config.dat' in STEU folder but the error 'KRC\STEU\$config.DAT cannot be changed' appeared, so I have edited it by minimizing the HMI in C: drive directly. Still the 'RoboDksync35' shows error. Could you please share the file or link from where I can download  'RoboDksync35' files incases the one I am using currently is corrupted. I have attached the files I am using . 


Regards
Gagan


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
       

.src   RoboDKsync35.src (Size: 2.92 KB / Downloads: 53)
.src   linearmovement.src (Size: 1.71 KB / Downloads: 56)
.src   jointmovement.src (Size: 1.7 KB / Downloads: 49)
.rdk   example1.rdk (Size: 335.24 KB / Downloads: 70)
#4
Hi,

Just want to share what i was doing wrong in case someone novice like me wont face the same problem. So, calibrate tool and the reference frame in both robodk as well as robot.

Gagan
#5
(07-15-2022, 03:43 PM)gagan2112 Wrote: Regarding 'RoboDksync35' I tried to  edit 'Config.dat' in STEU folder but the error 'KRC\STEU\$config.DAT cannot be changed' appeared, so I have edited it by minimizing the HMI in C: drive directly. Still the 'RoboDksync35' shows error. Could you please share the file or link from where I can download  'RoboDksync35' files incases the one I am using currently is corrupted. I have attached the files I am using . 

Let's try to solve this problem.
First of all, I suggest editing the file KRC\R1\System\$config.dat (not the file in the STEU folder).
If you try to edit this file directly on the drive, at the very least you will need to reboot the entire system to apply the changes. Moreover, there is a chance that your changes will be discarded before the system is rebooted.

So there are two ways to get things done: 
  1. Switch to expert mode in HMI and edit this file in the standard editor (just like any other KRL program).
  2. Minimize the HMI, find the robot icon in the system tray next to the clock and completely disable the robot control system, then edit the $config.dat file and restart the control system via the shortcut in the Start -> Autorun menu (or just reboot the operating system).
Here is a list of variables you need for RoboDK:
Code:
INT COM_ACTION=0
INT COM_ACTCNT=0
REAL COM_ROUNDM=-1.0
REAL COM_VALUE1=0.0
REAL COM_VALUE2=0.0
REAL COM_VALUE3=0.0
REAL COM_VALUE4=0.0
DECL E6AXIS COM_E6AXIS
DECL FRAME COM_FRAME
DECL POS COM_POS
DECL E6POS COM_E6POS

Best regards,
Dmitry
  




Users browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)