Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Moving a robotiq gripper 2f85

I'm doing a simulation in robodk using a UR 10e and a robotiq gripper 2f85. The simulation just involves 3 different "MoveL" functions (targets) and at the end of the program I just use the function "attach to gripper Robotiq 85 closed". Then, I got to connect my Robot through Ethernet so I can run the program Online (simulation and physically at the same time). The real robot executed 3 different "MoveL" functions but the gripper is not closing. How can I make  the real gripper to move ?
Hi Daniel,

Make sure to use the "Robotiq F-85" mechanism as a tool.
I'm not convinced that you will be able to control the gripper form your computer using the UR drive though.
For sure, you can control it if you post-process the program using the "Universal Robots - Robotiq" post-processor.

Jeremy
(06-18-2020, 09:24 PM)Jeremy Wrote: Hi Daniel,

Make sure to use the "Robotiq F-85" mechanism as a tool.
I'm not convinced that you will be able to control the gripper form your computer using the UR drive though.
For sure, you can control it if you post-process the program using the "Universal Robots - Robotiq" post-processor.

Jeremy

Hi @Jeremy

Thanks for your answer. I just chose the mechanism 2F-85, then  right click and selected the option select post processor, clicked on "Universal Robots - Robotiq" (image attached). The problem is that I haven't seen any option to associate this mechanism to the UR robot (second image attached).

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hi Daniel,
To manage the gripper, you will have to read the post-processor a bit.

For more information on post-processor, take a look here: https://robodk.com/doc/en/Post-Processor...tProcessor

Other threads on this forum also talks about RobotiQ grippers. The forum "search" function can help you find them.

Jeremy
(06-20-2020, 12:21 AM)Jeremy Wrote: Hi Daniel,
To manage the gripper, you will have to read the post-processor a bit.

For more information on post-processor, take a look here: https://robodk.com/doc/en/Post-Processor...tProcessor

Other threads on this forum also talks about RobotiQ grippers. The forum "search" function can help you find them.

Jeremy

Hi @Jeremy, 

I already read about post-processors, watched the video and the threads published on this forum. There is still no clear information about how to open and close the robotiq gripper on the real robot. Could you tell me 
 why is the ROBOTIQ GRIPPER UTILITY python section commented on the Universal_Robots_RobotiQ post processor? As soon as I try to uncomment this section, there are plenty of issues. 
Hi Daniel,

What kind of issues, I never used that feature and I don't have access to a Robotiq gripper.
Can you give me a bit more information?

Jeremy
(07-01-2020, 03:59 AM)Jeremy Wrote: Hi Daniel,

What kind of issues, I never used that feature and I don't have access to a Robotiq gripper.
Can you give me a bit more information?

Jeremy

The ROBOTIQ GRIPPER UTILITY section located in the header of the Universal_Robots_RobotiQ post-processor wasn't written in python logic due to the definitions (def) , "while" loops, "if" statements have and "end" at the end of each section.Also, the delays are expressed as "sleep" functions instead of "time.sleep()". Finally, there are several functions that are called without defining them.
Hi Daniel,

the top section of the UR RobotiQ post-processor is written in "UR script", not in Python.
Therefore the syntax is correct.
It should stay in "comment" as this only defines everything there as a string to be copied as the "Header" of the UR script program.

The functions that are not defined should be known by the robot controller.

As I'm reading the part relating to the RobotiQ gripper, in your RDK station you could use a program call with "RQ_2FG_Close" to close the gripper.

Jeremy
(07-02-2020, 07:43 PM)Jeremy Wrote: Hi Daniel,

the top section of the UR RobotiQ post-processor is written in "UR script", not in Python.
Therefore the syntax is correct.
It should stay in "comment" as this only defines everything there as a string to be copied as the "Header" of the UR script program.

The functions that are not defined should be known by the robot controller.

As I'm reading the part relating to the RobotiQ gripper, in your RDK station you could use a program call with "RQ_2FG_Close" to close the gripper.

Jeremy

Hi Jeremy, 

I have already tried to use a program call using the RQ_2FG_Close and RQ_2FG_Open functions but it didn't work. I have checked several forums about this topic and users were not able to make it work either. 

The only solution that worked for me was using a python code to read an script file (Image_2) and then send it to the gripper. The script file contains the function definitions for the robotiq gripper (Image2).

It would be good if users can use the header section in the UR robotiq post-processor without having to implement any additional code to get the gripper to move.

Note: I attached image_1 by mistake, couldn't get rid of it.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hi Daniel,
Can you send us a valid Script program that opens and closes the RobotiQ 2F gripper?
The header of the script contains the correct code to communicate with the gripper.
We can update the post processor accordingly.
Albert