Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Moving through points

Working on a project that requires a robot to copy a motion through a series of points, I initially tried just using the movements between each point as MoveL movements but this was too jerky so I instead tried to create the movement as a curve through adding points. This is still jerky as it tries to stop at each point rather than continually moving through, I have tried increading the rounding figure but this appears to make no difference
Hi nchurchill,

The simulation doesn't take the rounding in consideration.
Only the real robot controller will do.

It's one of the rare situations where things run smoother in real life than in a computer program!

Jeremy
(02-17-2019, 09:24 PM)nchurchill Wrote: This is still jerky as it tries to stop at each point rather than continually moving through, I have tried increading the rounding figure but this appears to make no difference
Do you mean you don't see a difference on the real robot or in RoboDK? You won't see any visual differences in RoboDK when you simulate your program. Each robot controller applies this rounding/smoothing in a different way. This also depends on programmed accelerations and tool weight.

However, when you generate the program and run it in the robot you may see less jerky movements. More information here:
https://robodk.com/doc/en/Robot-Programs.html#InsSmooth

The robot controller may have trouble maintaining a constant speed if the points are too close to each other. If you can provide a sample RDK file we can give you better advice.