Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Path error with the order of Target Point Selections

When creating paths from the Target points going from left to right I get an error message:

Error:

However, when creating a path in the reverse order of Target points I get no error:

Is this a bug or some counter intuitive feature of robo physics?
It looks like the robot is trying to change the configuration. If you can share your station, we can take a look.
(05-09-2023, 09:14 AM)Sergei Wrote: It looks like the robot is trying to change the configuration. If you can share your station, we can take a look.

i removed the client's part as its proprietary.

First run InnerBack program to see error

The InnerBackReverse program runs in reverse with no errors.

thanks for helping out!

Sabri

Attached Files
.rdk   GRIT_XL_EXT.rdk (Size: 8.36 MB / Downloads: 152)
In most cases, I recommend using joint targets with MoveJ instructions. This will allow you to avoid unpredictable configuration changes. I have changed targets 14 and 18 to joint type and reassigned them in your program. Please check the attached station.

Attached Files
.rdk   GRIT_XL_EXT_mod.rdk (Size: 8.36 MB / Downloads: 161)
(05-11-2023, 05:06 PM)Sergei Wrote: In most cases, I recommend using joint targets with MoveJ instructions. This will allow you to avoid unpredictable configuration changes. I have changed targets 14 and 18 to joint type and reassigned them in your program. Please check the attached station.

we did do that.  I'm more concerned with your statement about "unpredictable configuration changes".  

This should be straight forward.   Doesn't it seem logical that if the path works in one direction it should work in the other?

anyway thanks for your help.
s
When I said unpredictable, I meant that it is unpredictable from the user's point of view. Regarding controller logic, when we combine Movj and Cartesians, the IK solver (during motion planning) outputs joint values and the motion system moves the joints according to the shortest path (or other defined rules) and this fact can lead to configuration changes, which can be unpredictable from the operator's point of view. To prevent this, you can define the configuration before moving instructions or use MovJ with joint coordinates.