Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Path planning offline and online different

Hello!

The path displayed only in the simulation is different from the one when the program is sent to the robot.
The path with robot also varies with multiple runs. 
The robot itself also moves incorrectly. The targets are approached, but in the wrong order.
Same issue in v4.2.3 and v5.3.3

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Would you be able to share your station with us? if you prefer not to attach your station in the forum you can send us an email at info@robodk.com.
To make sure you are using the same tool and coordinate systems in both the simulation and the real robot controller I strongly recommend you to add the following 2 instructions at the top of your program:
  • Set the tool
  • Set the reference
You'll find that RoboDK does that automatically when you create a new program and you add your first joint or linear movement.
Thanks for your answer.

Alex i send you the station.

Albert, i cant set the tool and adding the frame dose not chance anything.

I found out that the rounding have a huge impact on that issue. At the pose of an rounding call the path goes wrong. How can i fix that? I need that roundings.

What I'm about to say won't affect the issue you have with the rounding, I'll let my colleagues look into it.

If your goal is to use the "Run on robot" feature, the rounding instruction won't affect the behavior of the robot.
All motion will be "Accurate" as RoboDK and the robot controller need to execute a handshake (for safety reasons) at the end of each move.
This will cause the robot to stop for a short amount of time when it reaches a point.
For fluid motion, you need to use the "Generate robot program" or "Send robot program".

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

That's useful info, thanks for that Jeremy. 
Yes, this is the way I want to move the robot. Interesting for me is that the rounding is still accepted, if I use only one set rounding at the beginning, there are definitely smoother movements, only with multiple roundings it becomes problematic.
mmmm, that's surprising, maybe the Staubli driver works a bit differently from the other ones.
Can you provide your station so that I can take a deeper look?

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

(01-07-2022, 02:47 PM)Jeremy Wrote: mmmm, that's surprising, maybe the Staubli driver works a bit differently from the other ones.
Can you provide your station so that I can take a deeper look?

Jeremy

Hello Jeremy,

i send you my station a while ago, did you have some news for me?