Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pick and Place (automate the grasp using python)

Hi, 
I'm trying to perform a pick and place using python , but I'm struggling to find a possible function that can help?

My current code was:
  w=1
  if RDK.Collisions()==0:

tool.MoveJ([100-w,0,0]) #move gripper from joint value in a decremental form
                    w=w+1
                    print(w)
                else:
                    TCP_On(tool) # attach tool
The problem is that if I turn on the check collision between the box and gripper hand. The robot won't move and it triggers an error "raise StoppedError(self.LAST_STATUS_MESSAGE) //robodk.robolink.StoppedError: Collision detected"

Is there a way in python to automate the notion that when the gripper starts to close, it will stop when it feels some resisitance , a point when its holding the box ? (i.e. collision).

Also is there a specific function to move the gripper arm with pose values? I'm using the joint movement and it would be better to use the pose movement (currently use tool.MoveJ()) 

Thanks!
What gripper are you using? You may be able to use the SearchL function instead of MoveJ or MoveL to move a gripper until you detect a collision.

You should properly configure your collision map to prevent considering a collision when the gripper links touch with each other. You'll find more information here:
https://robodk.com/doc/en/Collision-Avoi...llisionMap

If you can share your RoboDK project file we can help you better.
(09-06-2022, 08:45 AM)Albert Wrote: What gripper are you using? You may be able to use the SearchL function instead of MoveJ or MoveL to move a gripper until you detect a collision.

You should properly configure your collision map to prevent considering a collision when the gripper links touch with each other. You'll find more information here:

Hi Albert thank you so much for your reply,

I'm using an ABB CRB 15000 robot with a RobotiQ 2F-85 Gripper (Mechanism).

I'm also wondering , how 'real' can the pick and place be?
In my view it is typical that one  side of the gripper might come in contact before the other. Which will push the object a certain distance until the other 'finger' of the gripper touches it? 
Can a box (imported from RoboDK deform?)

Attached Files
.rdk   Form.rdk (Size: 1.01 MB / Downloads: 202)
(09-06-2022, 05:22 PM)Nour Wrote:
(09-06-2022, 08:45 AM)Albert Wrote: What gripper are you using? You may be able to use the SearchL function instead of MoveJ or MoveL to move a gripper until you detect a collision.

Hi Albert thank you so much for your reply,

I'm using an ABB CRB 15000 robot with a RobotiQ 2F-85 Gripper (Mechanism).

I'm also wondering , how 'real' can the pick and place be?
In my view it is typical that one  side of the gripper might come in contact before the other. Which will push the object a certain distance until the other 'finger' of the gripper touches it? 
Can a box (imported from RoboDK deform?)

Hi,

I also added to the set up a floor, but I cant quite find a way to set the floor as gravity reference?
There is a function when I right click the floor ' change object gravity' but it doesnt do anything. 
When the gravity plug in is on. all the objects except the robot go to -999 in the z- axis?

Any advice?
Thanks
Nour