Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Precise Targeting

I have a plane in the simulation software that I would like to precisely add targets to, e.g. adding a grid of targets having a certain distance in mm from each other and the sides of the plane. I'm aware of the measure tool but this hasn't proved particularly helpful in this process.

If anyone could suggest any solutions to this issue it would be greatly appreciated!
Although this is not a direct solution, you can take a look at this app to create your own script: https://github.com/RoboDK/Plug-In-Interf...nGenerator
Please read the Forum Guidelines before posting!
Find useful information about RoboDK by visiting our Online Documentation.
(07-15-2022, 03:20 PM)Sam Wrote: Although this is not a direct solution, you can take a look at this app to create your own script: https://github.com/RoboDK/Plug-In-Interf...nGenerator

Many Thanks for your reply.

I've downloaded the app and have it loaded in my toolbar, however am having some trouble opening it and getting it running. It would be useful to get this working, I was wondering if there was any help or advice you could offer me?
How can we help?

You may need to adjust the scripts that Sam provided to match your needs. I attached another example that can help creating zig-zag movements on a plane defined by 3 targets. Take a look at the script MoveRobotGrid in the RoboDK project file attached. This will create targets and a program on that plane. 

It requires some Python coding if you want to modify it.

Attached Files
.rdk   Test-ZigZag lines-Calibration.rdk (Size: 1.94 MB / Downloads: 202)
(07-18-2022, 09:59 AM)Albert Wrote: How can we help?

You may need to adjust the scripts that Sam provided to match your needs. I attached another example that can help creating zig-zag movements on a plane defined by 3 targets. Take a look at the script MoveRobotGrid in the RoboDK project file attached. This will create targets and a program on that plane. 

It requires some Python coding if you want to modify it.

Well, exactly, I'm looking for a way of programming targets on a plane for a robotic arm to push into. I was hoping there was a more effective way of doing this, pushing at certain intervals (in mm), other than just using the robot pilot and creating targets manually.

Its worth noting I am not too familiar with RoboDK, I had trouble running the Surface Patterns app and still am unable to start it. I'm not entirely sure what I'm supposed to be doing with the zig-zag movements file you attached either, and don't really understand where this "MoveRobotGrid" file is...

Any help would be appreciated.
When you open the RoboDK project file you should see the script MoveRobotGrid as the last item in the tree. You can double click to run this script and it will create a program that moves along the plane defined by the 3 targets.

This is a Python script, you can right click on it, select Edit Python script and an editor will open. You can adjust the code as needed and run again to generate the program you need.

Were you able to install RoboDK and open the RDK file?
(07-18-2022, 03:03 PM)Albert Wrote: When you open the RoboDK project file you should see the script MoveRobotGrid as the last item in the tree. You can double click to run this script and it will create a program that moves along the plane defined by the 3 targets.

This is a Python script, you can right click on it, select Edit Python script and an editor will open. You can adjust the code as needed and run again to generate the program you need.

Were you able to install RoboDK and open the RDK file?

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean by the RoboDK project file...

I had a look in the RoboDK file I have installed and couldn't find any reference to MoveRobotGrid or anything regarding projects.

Yes, I have RoboDK installed and working, have made a few basics programs and utilised it's file.

Any further help would be appreciated.