Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Preferred joints for start point

Hi,

I have synchronized motion between a 6-axis robot and a 2-axis turntable. I need to set up joint targets at the preferred start location for a curve follow project.

I need to calculate the cartesian x, y, z coordinates of the tool path start point. 

Is there a way to extract these coordinates from the simulation? Since RoboDK is able to render the toolpath visible, the start/end coordinates of the toolpath should be stored somewhere in the program. 

How do I extract these coordinates from through the API?

I have attached an image for clarification.

Thank you,
Samuel
You should be able to call JointLimits on a program and this will return the start and end joints of a program respectively:
https://robodk.com/doc/en/PythonAPI/robo...ointLimits

I believe this behavior is not documented but we won't remove this feature in future versions.
Hi Albert,

JointLimits() is an interesting method but I am not looking for the robot joint limits for this problem. 

I am trying to retrieve the cartesian x, y, z coordinates at the start point of a curve follow project. Is there a way to do this without having to develop equations? 

I tried to attach a picture to help explain.

Attached Files Image(s)

(08-05-2022, 12:21 PM)Albert Wrote: You should be able to call JointLimits on a program and this will return the start and end joints of a program respectively:
https://robodk.com/doc/en/PythonAPI/robo...ointLimits

I believe this behavior is not documented but we won't remove this feature in future versions.

Hi Albert,

I realize now after talking to Jeremy that you DID answer my question. I just did not understand fully understand how JointLimits was supposed to work. My apologies.
Great, thank you for letting me know!

In the future, if you have sample code it may be easier to understand each other with a simple script and work on a small proof of concept.