Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Problem controlling Yaskawa Motoman MotoMINI using RoboDK

Hi all,

I'm trying to control my Yaskawa MotoMINI using RoboDK.

I was able to load MotoMINI model, setup two target points and create a program to move between two points.

Also, I can connect to the robot.

However, when I run the program with "run on robot" option, the simulated robot in RoboDK moves alright, but the actual robot would not move at all.

The robot is in "remote control" mode, and "show log" of RoboDK shows no errors.

I can control UR10e using the same setup. Is there anything I'm missing? Is there any changes to be made on Yaskawa controller/pendant?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Regards,

Steve

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hi Steve,

You probably need to provide the pulses/degree information in the Parameters section of the robot.

You should load the ALL.PRM file in RoboDK and RoboDK should extract this information automatically.

Albert
Hi Albert,

Thank you for the reply

Yes, I've read : https://robodk.com/doc/en/Robots-Motoman.html, and it mentions pulse - degree conversion.

Unfortunately, I'm using a trial version of RoboDK, which does not support parameter window (I've decided to try RoboDK on our robots before purchasing it)

I'm happy with what RoboDK can do, so I guess I will just go ahead and buy it....then, I can try it on MotoMINI again.

Would you please guide me on how to get "ALL.PRM" file and how to use it? RoboDK website does not mention ALL.PRM (https://robodk.com/doc/en/Robots-Motoman.html)

Regards,

Steve
Dear Albert,

I've just bought a professional version of RoboDK.

However, I'm still having trouble using it on my Yaskawa robot. Although none of RoboDK document shows 1) how to create ALL.PRM and 2) how to load ALL.PRM on RoboDK, I was able to create ALL.PRM from my robot.

I assume that I can simply load ALL.PRM from [File] - [Open]...I've tried the followings:

1. Ubuntu 18.04 64 bit + RoboDK 5.2.1 64 bit
- I got an error saying "Script not available: /home/user/RoboDK/Other/Utilities/MotomanALLPRM.exe" (please see Fig1)
- Indeed, my RoboDK/Other/ folder does not have "Utilities" folder

2. Windows 10 64 bit + RoboDK 5.2.4 64 bit (and RoboDK 5.2.4 32 bit)
- I got an error "ImportError: DLL load failed" (please see Fig2)
- I tried with python2.7 32bit and 64 bit, but both did not solve the problem
- I also got "Python script failed returning -1073741515" error (please refer to Fig3)

3. Windows 10 64 bit + RoboDK 5.2.4 32 bit
- same as 2

I tried to load ALL.PRM after loading a motoman model, but it did not fix the problem.

Is this the right way to load/apply ALL.PRM to a robot? Can I use ALL.PRM on Ubuntu version of RoboDK? Should I send ALL.PRM to you?

I really need to use RoboDK with Yaskawa robots for my project. On "Robot Parameters" window, all "pulses/degree" are 1, which does not seem right.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Regards,

Steve

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Dear Steve,

The extraction only works on Windows unfortunately. We noticed that Python2 needs to be installed and available in the path as well. We'll try to make this compiled script work on Ubuntu and Linux.

Can you send us the ALL.PRM file? We can extract this information for you and send you the updated robot file.

Thank you,

Albert
Dear Albert,

Thank you for the reply

I've just sent my ALL.PRM over email

Please let me know if the file cannot be downloaded

I believe you know my email address (I entered one at the registration. If you need an email address to send the robot file to, please let me know)

I will try to get RobotDK ALL.PRM extraction works on my Windows PC.

Regards,

Steve
(08-04-2021, 01:01 PM)Albert Wrote: Dear Steve,

The extraction only works on Windows unfortunately. We noticed that Python2 needs to be installed and available in the path as well. We'll try to make this compiled script work on Ubuntu and Linux.

Can you send us the ALL.PRM file? We can extract this information for you and send you the updated robot file.

Thank you,

Albert

Dear Albert,

Any update on updated robot file?

Were you able to download ALL.PRM I've sent you over email?

Regards,

Steve
I attached your robot including the pulses/degree information.

We also got back to you by email.

Attached Files
.robot   Motoman-MotoMini.robot (Size: 221.09 KB / Downloads: 282)
Hi Albert,

Thank you so much for your help

With the updated robot file, the robot and RoboDK works like a charm

Regards,

Steve

p.s There's 90 degree offset at joint 5 between the robot in RoboDK and the actual robot. Not a big issue as it can be easily fixed by changing the robot DH parameters.
Hi Steve,

Can you provide a print screen of the proper DH table?

We will fix it in our library if needed.

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel