Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Problem whit mastercam and robodk

Hi!

Problem connecting RoboDK and MasterCAM. When I select RoboDK - Update selected operations in the MasterCAM environment, the following warning appears: 'Nothing to simulate. Operation aborted '.
What could be wrong? I have the operation selected in Mastercam and Machining Reference in RoboDK.
Hi Bruno,

Have you look at this part of the documentation: https://robodk.com/doc/en/Plugin-Mastercam.html#Mcam

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

(01-03-2021, 05:51 AM)Jeremy Wrote: Hi Bruno,

Have you look at this part of the documentation: https://robodk.com/doc/en/Plugin-Mastercam.html#Mcam

Jeremy

Hello Jeremy, 
Thank you for the help with the previous issue - it's fixed now. 
However a new problem appeared - when sending the .NC file to RoboDK, the correct tool id is shown but the tool length is not added to the spindle. In RoboDK the option to create cutters is on.
Could this be a problem with the post-processor? Is there a way to alter the following code so it considers the tool length?
Hi Bruno, 

I didn't use our MasterCAM plugin in a while as I don't have a valid license here, but if I remember correctly, you need to set the tool length manually after the cutters were created. 

Maybe @Albert can confirm?

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

Hi Bruno,

If you use MasterCAM I recommend you to use the native MasterCAM NCI files instead of an NC file. This is the default behaviour when you use the RoboDK Plugin for MasterCAM. NC files depend on your post processor and you are likely to see strange behaviour.

If you can post the NCI and/or NC files we can better help you.

Albert
Hi Albert,

In the RoboDK settings tab in Mastercam, if I select use NCI in Mastercam Post options, I get the error message "Nothing to Simulate, operation aborted". If I select NC option, the operation imports into RoboDK without errors. However, several extraneous moves are inserted into the program at the beginning and end that are not in the Mastercam operation. Is there a setting in RoboDK that is adding these? I don't see anything in Mastercam that is defining the point X0Y0Z0 as a part of the operation...

If I manually remove Moves 1, 2, 3, 4, and 16 in RoboDK, the operation executes as expected. I have seen these extraneous moves added to every operation I have imported from Mastercam. Also, is there some documentation that explains what Call M_RunCode(3), (5), (6), and (30) are, and why they are created?

Thank you,
Bruce
Hi Bruce, 

If you open the "Robot machining project" and remove the "approach and retract" motion, do you end up with the same extract movement?

Jeremy

Yes Jeremy,

There are no Approach and Retract Moves defined in RobotDK. I clicked on "Remove" for both, just in case, but the Simulation still begins and ends at X0Y0Z0 as defined in the MasterCam model. In MasterCam itself there are no Approach or Retract Moves defined. The MasterCam simulation correctly executes without adding the extraneous moves at the beginning and end of the program.
Do you have the G-code (NCI) that was transferred from MasterCAM to RoboDK?
It should be in your Temp file

Jeremy

.zip   Robot Test 1.zip (Size: 1.08 KB / Downloads: 236) Hi Jeremy,

I have found the NCI file in MY Mastercam 2020 folder. Please find attached. Thanks!