Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Problem with Maintaining Constant TCP Speed In Curve Following Project

I'm trying make a dispensing project with a Universal Robot UR3e robot arm and a syringe tip. The tip has to follows a path with several straight and curved sections all the while maintaining its orientation to the path. In my tests, the TCP is able to maintain at a constant speed when the algorithm for the curved following project is set to "Minimum tool orientation change". However, when I change the algorithm to "Tool orientation follows path" the speed of the TCP on the straight sections are much faster than on the curved sections. Here are some of the things I have tried without any success:

1. Make the segments on my path to be similar in size
2. Reduce the minimum step size for linear movements
3. Increasing the acceleration

My next step is to split my path into straight sections and curve sections and increase the speed on the curved sections till they match that of the straight sections, but I'm not hopeful this will work.

Is there an standard method in RoboDK to keep the TCP speed constant while the tool orientation follow the the path? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I recommend you to try with different rounding/blending values (set this value to 1 to 10 mm or more):
https://robodk.com/doc/en/Robot-Programs.html#InsSmooth

However, there are some limitations with robot controllers when you try to follow a complex path with high speeds. You may experience different behavior with different controllers. Increasing the speed and accelerations on the areas where the robot joints should move faster may help but it may also produce jerky movements. If you can attach your RDK project and a video of what you are seeing we may be able to help you troubleshoot.