Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Program Call to the "Fast Move Speed"

Is there anyway to have a program call in the program events for the fast move speed? When you put a number in and press enter it has a window for a program call but when you select a program it doesn't use it in the robot program. 

It changes the Digital Output on/off sync so maybe I would then call this in the post process?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

The fast move speed should happen when you have a "Path approach" or a "Path start", could you try that?

Are you doing welding using an NC file? For metal 3D printing?

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

Yes.

The issue is that I would like to of had the option for 2 different m codes coming from the NC program.

I just modified the post-processor for the NC code and now when I flip it to the E101 from the M101 it works with the extruder feed option works great. Then just all the welding settings are in the program call. Now it picks up the ArcStart program call with the E-code and the ArcOFF with the M-code.

Maybe, you have a way to use two different m codes?

Thanks,

AKL
You can have custom calls directly placed on your NC file and RoboDK will take them as program calls (CALL command) with parameters or direct code input (CODE command). These 2 commands work for both APT and NC/G-code programs.

More information here:
https://robodk.com/forum/Thread-Program-...59#pid3959

Also, as a workaround, if you need to trigger events on fast move commands you could add a filter in your post processor to detect when the speed is set to 1000 mm/s (default fast speed passed in the setSpeed function of your post processor) and trigger your program call before or after setting the speed. You could also override the fast move speed in your post processor.
(04-11-2022, 09:06 AM)Albert Wrote: You can have custom calls directly placed on your NC file and RoboDK will take them as program calls (CALL command) with parameters or direct code input (CODE command). These 2 commands work for both APT and NC/G-code programs.

More information here:
https://robodk.com/forum/Thread-Program-...59#pid3959

Also, as a workaround, if you need to trigger events on fast move commands you could add a filter in your post processor to detect when the speed is set to 1000 mm/s (default fast speed passed in the setSpeed function of your post processor) and trigger your program call before or after setting the speed. You could also override the fast move speed in your post processor.

Thanks for the info

The CALL command or CODE would be perfect for what I need. I guess just not sure how to write them in my post for the NC program. When I put them in the code it is always ignored. What am I missing?

I just made a sample program and attached it (see NC file) with these lines in the code and it just skips over them. 

N380 CALL LASERON
N390 CODE LASERTURNON

Program events do the programs for ARCON/ARCOFF for simple programs but it would be nice to be able to call a program directly as some of my programs have a few hundred thousand or million lines. The post needs to manage these program calls for sensors between layers.

Thanks

AKL

Attached Files
.nc   ROBODK.nc (Size: 116.71 KB / Downloads: 269)
You are right, I see that your CALL and CODE lines were being ignored. I believe this was because they were not at the beginning or the line or the N index lines.

We just published a new update to solve this problem. It should work now with the latest RoboDK version for Windows 64 bit:
https://robodk.com/download

Let us know if you still have issues.
I will give that a try.

I did try before taking away the N index but then Robodk would then stop the program there and ignore the rest of the code completely. I will install the update and let you know if anymore issues.

Thanks for all the help