Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Python program not generating when selecting "Generate Robot Program"

Python programs stopped generating the code when right clicking the script and selecting "Generate Robot Program" The file just plays in the simulation and then nothing else happens. 
It used to work and suddenly stopped. I have reinstalled robodk to no avail. Other threds pose the "solution" is to reinstall Windows10 but this is unacceptable. I'm on a work pc and I cannot do that, besides it is not a real solution since the root cause has not been found. 
It works perfectly when i copy my project to another computer, but i need to work on my own.
If you have problems generating robot programs, it is most likely related to the Python interpreter.
Make sure that the Python interpreter is valid: RoboDK->Tools->Options->Python.
Please read the Forum Guidelines before posting!
Find useful information about RoboDK by visiting our Online Documentation.
(08-31-2023, 01:13 PM)Sam Wrote: If you have problems generating robot programs, it is most likely related to the Python interpreter.
Make sure that the Python interpreter is valid: RoboDK->Tools->Options->Python.

No i don't think so. It is set to the default embedded python interpreter and the code executes just fine and the robot moves in the simulation. 
The issue is when right clicking the python script and generating the code it just plays the script and the simulation moves, but no code is generated.
Can you send us the RoboDK project with the Python program?

We'll try to reproduce this issue and fix it.
As i stated earlier it is not an issue with the station since it works fine on other computers when i copy the station.
The issue is that i also need it to work on my own computer where i develop the rest of the project. It used to work and then stopped.
regardless i have now here uploaded a sample station where it doesn't work as well as screenshot of my settings in roboDK. The station will most likely work just fine for you, but for some reason when i generate the python script it just executes it and then nothing more happens. I do not get the generated output.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.rdk   ROBODK_test_station_python_broken.rdk (Size: 2.22 MB / Downloads: 109)
I'm unable to reproduce this issue. If you are able to make it work on another computer but not yours, I recommend you to set your settings back to default:
  1. Select Tools-Options
  2. Select Set default settings
Hi sorry for the delay, i have been busy

I just tried resetting all settings but it does not change anything.
even the simplest python program will not generate the robot program.

I have just again tried completely wiping the install from my pc. Ran the uninstaller and removed all folders with robodk in C:/Robodk and in appdata folder. Then rebooted my computer and installed it all again.
It did not work.
Some files must persist hidden somewhere else on my computer since it somehow remembered my license key? Are there any more files than C:/RoboDK and the appdata folder i can purge to try and combat this weird behaviour. Any event logs I can use to figure out why it won't generate my python scripts.
Yes, you can run this file to delete the RoboDK settings files:
C:/RoboDK/RoboDK-Set-Defaults.bat

When you delete these settings RoboDK will generate the default settings again.

Did you try using the latest version?

If it still fails, to debug this issue better it would help if you can follow these steps:
1. Close RoboDK
2. Start RoboDK by double clicking the file:
C:/RoboDK/RoboDK-Debug.bat
3. Try to reproduce the problem in RoboDK until it crashes.
4. Right after the crash you can provide us with this file:
C:/RoboDK/bin/RoboDK.debug.txt

Also, can you provide information about the computer you are using?