Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Questions about robot workspace

Hello, dear Jeremy,

I would like to ask 2 questions about the robot workspace.

1. We know that the working space of the robot can be shown by the "*". Here take the KUKA KR16-2 as an example: If the outside range is the farthest distance the robot can reach, what is the meaning of the inside range?  It is clearly not the closest distance a robot can reach.

2. Can RoboDK digitize the robot workspace? I mean, is there a function to show the set of coordinates that the robot can reach when the robot base is fixed? Or at this point I give a random target point, can I tell if it is within the workspace or not?

Best regards,

Van
Hi Van,

1. The inner "sphere" you see is a dead zone for the robot when you are in a specific configuration, in this case "behind" your back (joint 2 = -155).

2. There are many ways to know if a target is reachable or not.
a - If you create a target and it's out of reach, a yellow warning sign will appear on top of it (in the station tree).
b - If you create a program with some target in it, pressing F5 or right-click the program and "Check Path" will tell you if some parts of the path are unreachable.
c - Using the API, you can use MoveJ_Test to know if a target is or isn't within reach.
d - If you move a target (hold Alt and drag an axis) a ghost tool/robot will appear, if you drag it out of the robot's reach, the tool will become red.

Hope it helps.
Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

Ahh, I see, thx a lot!
(02-23-2021, 10:37 AM)Jeremy Wrote: Hi Van,

1. The inner "sphere" you see is a dead zone for the robot when you are in a specific configuration, in this case "behind" your back (joint 2 = -155).

2. There are many ways to know if a target is reachable or not.
a - If you create a target and it's out of reach, a yellow warning sign will appear on top of it (in the station tree).
b - If you create a program with some target in it, pressing F5 or right-click the program and "Check Path" will tell you if some parts of the path are unreachable.
c - Using the API, you can use MoveJ_Test to know if a target is or isn't within reach.
d - If you move a target (hold Alt and drag an axis) a ghost tool/robot will appear, if you drag it out of the robot's reach, the tool will become red.

Hope it helps.
Jeremy

Hi Jeremy,

What is meant with a dead zone. I can't seem to find a good explanation what a dead zone entails. 
I also want to know what the smaller sphere signifies when showing the workspace. Specifically, that would be for the Doosan M1013 robot.

Kind regards,
Matti
The inner sphere represent the reachable zone when the joint 2 is negative.

The attached image show the robot with the joint 2 in negative value and at its maximum reach on the edge of the inner sphere.