Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

RELATIVE POSES IN GUI NOT BEHAVING AS EXPECTED

Poses of reference frames with respect to one another are not behaving as expected in the GUI. Please see attached video, taken from attached workstation.

To reproduce:
1. Set no active tool. Make machine the active reference frame.
2. Open display for machine frame with respect to workstation.
3. Open display for sce frame with respect to machine frame.
4. Notice that the X coordinate of machine frame wrt to workstation and the Y coordinate of sce frame wrt machine frame.
5. Notice that workstation X is parallel to machine frame Y, such that changing the X coordinate of machine frame wrt to workstation causes the Y coordinate of sce frame wrt machine frame to change.
6. Set machine wrt workstation X equal to 3460 and observe the value of sce wrt to machine Y.
7. Set machine wrt workstation X equal to 0 and observe the value of sce wrt to machine Y.
8. Set machine wrt workstation X equal to 3460 and observe the value of sce wrt to machine Y. In the video attached, the value of sce wrt machine Y from this step is NOT consistent with the value in step 6, even through the values of machine wrt workstation X are the same for both steps.

IMPORTANT NOTE:
"relativePoseBugReport.rdk" is the workstation I used to test this issue.
"relative_poses_not_working.rdk" IS ACTUALLY A VIDEO FILE. Unfortunately, the forum does not allow .mkv files, extensionless files, or large .txt files to be uploaded so I had to fake it out by changing the extension to .rdk. To view the screen recording of me reproducing this issue, please download the file then manually change the extension to .mkv.

I have not confirmed what is going on behind the scenes by messing with Item.PoseWrt and Item.PoseAbs in the API.

I am on RoboDK Version 5.4.3.

Attached Files
.rdk   relativePoseBugReport.rdk (Size: 2.24 MB / Downloads: 169)
.rdk   relative_poses_not_working.rdk (Size: 6.8 MB / Downloads: 195)
I reported the issue to our team, and we will investigate.
Do you have a workaround for now?
Please read the Forum Guidelines before posting!
Find useful information about RoboDK by visiting our Online Documentation.
Hi Sam,

I have not found a workaround for this. I was actually using the GUI to debug some other scripting stuff that I've been working on. I paused development on the scripting stuff due to not being able to debug it. I think without the GUI, it's going to be too challenging to debug scripting issues.

Are you aware of any workarounds?

Thanks,

Sig
Send an email to info@robodk.com and ask to get in touch with me.
I'm sure we can find a workaround or help you with your application.
Please read the Forum Guidelines before posting!
Find useful information about RoboDK by visiting our Online Documentation.