Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Recalculating Targets

I'm trying to generate robot programs from programs in my simulation. Manually, I must right-click on the program and click on "Recalculate targets" before clicking "Generate Robot Program". If I don't recalculate targets, the generated robot program does not have the correct targets. I would like to recalculate targets and generate robot program from the Python API (my simulation is generated from the API). I can generate the robot programs using the following:

Code:
program.MakeProgram(filepath, RUNMODE_MAKE_ROBOTPROG)

However, I have not found a method for recalculating targets before generating the program. 

I tried:
Code:
program.Update()

But this still did not write the correct targets to the generated program. Has anyone been able to resolve this issue?

Thank you
You can use program.setParam("RecalculateTargets")
Please read the Forum Guidelines before posting!
Find useful information about RoboDK by visiting our Online Documentation.
(06-30-2022, 05:54 PM)Sam Wrote: You can use program.setParam("RecalculateTargets")

Sam, 

Thank you so much! Is documentation available for all these setParam() parameters? Is there a dictionary with all these parameters publicly documented?
You can select Tools->Run script->ShowCommands to see the available RoboDK commands and item parameters you can set.

The script is available in the RoboDK install folder if you want to take a look, it shows how to retrieve the list through the API as an HTML table.
Please read the Forum Guidelines before posting!
Find useful information about RoboDK by visiting our Online Documentation.