Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Remote TCP sanding

Hi guys!

I would like a little help with the robot line following application for drum sanding. The task of the robot is to grind a drum in a small part by following an grinding path in remote TCP mode. The dust is then wiped off with a brush and then reset to a new cylinder.
The problem is that both line tracking works very randomly, it’s hard for me to understand why. The routes clearly show you how to approach and exit, but after a day of testing and rehearsal, I have no more idea what to do differently.
Thanks if anyone has time to look at it.

Hi,
Eduard

Attached Files
.rdk   Drum sanding.rdk (Size: 1.05 MB / Downloads: 232)
This is easily fixable, but...
Can you first explain how is this project a school project?
Educational licenses are meant for teaching purposes, not for projects aimed at a production environment. I've spent a fair share of my time in the academic field and I have a hard time understanding how this project qualifies for academic work.

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

Hello Jeremy,

thanks for the answer! I understand that it is not clear from the assignment how the project joins the academic work, which is why I show it. With the students, we build a sculpture based on a mathematical equation that will be on exhibition soon. The base of the sculpture is made of rubber tubes that will be blown. The rubbers are cut to size, sanded and glued together. We use the robot for the grinding process, it is also an exercise in programming the robot.
See attached image.

Hello Jeremy,

you told it is easy solution. Could please explain it? We running out of time.

Thanks.
What exactly is the part you consider "random"? I noticed at the beginning of your path the robot has to do some adjustments to properly follow the path and this would cause the piece to collide. Is this what you want to fix?

This behaviour is likely to be caused due to the robot not being able to complete the path with no interruptions (joint limits or singularities). I believe this as when I modified the Z rotation allowance it made the path unsolvable.

If possible, you can try to split the path in 2 with an approach and retract point to allow for the robot to find a better configuration.