Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Rendering a 3D model

Since one month I am using RoboDK software.
I would like to do some simulations with nice looking surfaces. So, is it possible to render 3D models with RoboDK? I just found the "shader method".

Something like this:

Thanks for your help!

Greetings from Germany
In the picture you shared we can see a texture and shade. We currently support textures but you should change the following settings to make sure the texture data is saved with your RDK project file:
  • Select Tools-Options-Station
  • Check the option Save texture data
  • Check the option Save image data
You can also use custom OpenGL shaders for simulated cameras, more information here:
https://robodk.com/blog/realistic-camera...n-shaders/
(10-01-2021, 09:33 AM)Albert Wrote: In the picture you shared we can see a texture and shade. We currently support textures but you should change the following settings to make sure the texture data is saved with your RDK project file:
  • Select Tools-Options-Station
  • Check the option Save texture data
  • Check the option Save image data
You can also use custom OpenGL shaders for simulated cameras, more information here:
https://robodk.com/blog/realistic-camera...n-shaders/

Thank you for your reply!
Where can I find the options for textures after I checked the boxes? Or do I need to import a file with textures included? Till now I only use STEP files, they do not support textures, didn't they?

Thanks again.

Greetings from Germany
Maybe someone else had this kind of problem and found a solution?
Would be appreciative for any help!
You can use Collada format to load 3D models with textures. You can find some free sample parts on turbosquid.
(10-19-2021, 08:18 AM)Albert Wrote: You can use Collada format to load 3D models with textures. You can find some free sample parts on turbosquid.

I already tried this format, but I become a error message, that the *.dae  format is unknown.

Are you using the latest version of RoboDK? Try using the 64 bit version of RoboDK on Windows, not 32 bit.
(10-19-2021, 12:47 PM)Albert Wrote: Are you using the latest version of RoboDK? Try using the 64 bit version of RoboDK on Windows, not 32 bit.

After I installed the 64 bit Version, the impport finaly works with *.dae files. Is there any other file format that works? Because I contruct with Autodesk Inventor, there is no export option for *.dae.

Maybe RoboDK supports one of this types with textures:

Thanks again! :)
You should be able to use STEP/STP, IGES/IGS, STL and OBJ files among the formats you shared. Parasolid and Pro Engineer are not supported.
STEP/IGES/STL do not support any texture informations, just color informations.

But the OBJ File Format works fine, exactly how I expect it!

Greetings