Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

RoboDK 5.2.2 unable to open files in Windows 10

Exclamation 
Hi,

I was manipulating a complex scene when different external step models when during a "copy/paste" of a 3D model, the app suddenly crashed and shut down.

I tried to re-open again the main file, but it showed always the same error: "Unable to access to file "fanuc.rdk" ". I have a free (limited) license.

Then I uninstalled and reinstalled again many times (last version 5.2.2 and previous one 5.2.1), trying to clean up everything (windows register and temporary files).

I also tried with "run as administrator" with no luck. 

Please, can you help me? I need to finish the work and it seems that RoboDK has gone forever from my PC.

thank you
Could you provide the .rdk file to see if you can open it on our end?

Did you keep some previous versions of your work?

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

(03-18-2021, 07:01 PM)Jeremy Wrote: Could you provide the .rdk file to see if you can open it on our end?

Did you keep some previous versions of your work?

Jeremy

Thank you Jeremy, 

I am not able to open any .rdk file or even save a new scene (I tried with the examples). 

About the work, no problem, I had a copy, but I cannot open or save any kind of file.

I also tried to deactivate the Windows firewalls... but no luck.

Any suggestions? Thanks
1 - Try deleting the content of: C:\Users\XXXX\AppData\Roaming\RoboDK
and reinstalling RoboDK.

2 - Try completely removing RoboDK from your PC. And reinstalling.
By that I mean manual uninstall + search for any file/folder including RoboDK or RDK mentions and you delete anything you didn't create yourself. (including folder mentioned at #1.)

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

(03-22-2021, 02:41 PM)Jeremy Wrote: 1 - Try deleting the content of: C:\Users\XXXX\AppData\Roaming\RoboDK
and reinstalling RoboDK.

By that I mean manual uninstall + search for any file/folder including RoboDK or RDK mentions and you delete anything you didn't create yourself.  (including folder mentioned at #1.)

Jeremy

Dear Jeremy,

I have the same issue (v5.2.4, x64, win10). After pressing CTRL+C, V in GUI the software crashed. And after that, it is not possible neither to open nor to save .rdk files.

I was trying to reinstall the software but the problem still persists.

Thanks Andrei

(07-30-2021, 11:48 AM)andrei Wrote:
(03-22-2021, 02:41 PM)Jeremy Wrote: 1 - Try deleting the content of: C:\Users\XXXX\AppData\Roaming\RoboDK
and reinstalling RoboDK.

By that I mean manual uninstall + search for any file/folder including RoboDK or RDK mentions and you delete anything you didn't create yourself.  (including folder mentioned at #1.)

Jeremy

Dear Jeremy,

I have the same issue (v5.2.4, x64, win10). After pressing CTRL+C, V in GUI the software crashed. And after that, it is not possible neither to open nor to save .rdk files.

I was trying to reinstall the software but the problem still persists.

Thanks Andrei

Forgot to mention. I have an evaluation license. Is there any solution available?
We look forward to fixing this crash as soon as possible.

You can try running this file to set all settings back to defaults:
C:/RoboDK/RoboDK-Set-Defaults.bat
And start RoboDK afterwards. You don't need to reinstall RoboDK if you are already using the latest version.

If you still experience a crash, to debug this issue better it would help if you can follow these steps:
  1. Start RoboDK by double clicking the file:
    C:/RoboDK/RoboDK-Debug.bat
  2. Try to reproduce the problem in RoboDK until it crashes.
  3. Right after the crash, provide us with this file:
    C:/RoboDK/bin/RoboDK.debug.txt
Thanks, Albert!