Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

RoboDK Crashes when adding a "Detach Part"instruction

Hello,

I am new to RoboDK and am using a trial version on a Windows 10 Workstation.

I have created a program where a robot arm (TM12) picks up a part ("part" from the standard library), places it somewhere, does some unrelated movements, picks the part up again and places it down somewhere.

The picks and places are preformed by adding an "event instruction" command with either an "Attach Part" or a "Deattach Part" instruction.

The Attach part (picking) goes without problem, however when i try to Deattach part (place it) RoboDK crashes.

The crash involves RoboDK not doing anything anymore and the window greying out. I get no crash message. I have tried not touching the program for 15 minutes but it doesn't recover.

If i run the program without any "Deattach Part" instructions it functions without problem.
Hi Tico,

Can you provide the RDK file so we can reproduce this issue?
Hi Albert,

I found the problem already (forgot to edit the thread). I didn't check the "Dattach to parent" option in the Dettach part menu. i assumed it would use the origional parent when it dettached but it didn't. this caused the program to crash.
Did this cause a crash? If so, can you provide the RDK file we can use to reproduce the crash?

We'll make sure this doesn't happen.

Thanks,

Albert
Hi Albert,

Sorry for the late reply i forgot to check the thread after solving the problem. I have added the RDK file.
Steps to reproduce the problem:
1. Open the "Test Station.rdk".
2. Select modfify on the "Detach from RG2_v2" event in the "Device place" program.
3. ensure the "attach to parent" option attaches to "Part" (so the part attaches to itself).
4. Run the "Main" program.
5. After placing the part, the program will stop, even though the program should go through more steps.
6. After the program has stopped, try to select anything (try opening/closing the tree structure for instance).
7. RoboDK will stop responding.

Hope this helps.
Tico

Attached Files
.rdk   Test Station.rdk (Size: 3.69 MB / Downloads: 399)
Hi Tico,

Thank you for such a detailed report. We just fixed this issue with the latest version (Windows version). You can update RoboDK here:
https://robodk.com/download

With the new version, RoboDK will ignore actions that involve dropping objects to themselves.

Albert