Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

RoboDK - I/O stops robot program (TM12)

Please refer to this Post: https://robodk.com/forum/Thread-RoboDK-I...9#pid12529

I am currently experiencing a similar issue with RoboDK version v5.5.4 and the Omron TM12 robot station. Despite attempting to program control I/O and utilize RoboDKApi I/O control, both methods unexpectedly result in disconnection. Please let me know if there have been any updates or solutions regarding this issue.

Thanks in advance.
Can you make sure that the high speed ethernet server is enabled on the controller?
(10-16-2023, 03:25 PM)Phillip Wrote: Can you make sure that the high speed ethernet server is enabled on the controller?

The network settings have been completed according to the software manual, utilizing a fixed IP address for Modbus communication. On the TM Flow side, a listening node has been configured to receive commands from RoboDK or RoboDK API. The motion control is functioning correctly, but the I/O control fails and leads to disconnection as described.
I believe there is only one connector that supports Modbus and controlling IOs on the Omron TM robot.

You may see more than one Ethernet port, if you try with a different one if may work.
(10-17-2023, 04:42 AM)Albert Wrote: I believe there is only one connector that supports Modbus and controlling IOs on the Omron TM robot.

You may see more than one Ethernet port, if you try with a different one if may work.

My communication is simply set up using this LAN port connected to the PC, enabling TCP communication with a fixed IP in TM Flow, so the robotic arm receives signals as a Modbus slave. The port being used is captured below, just to ensure that there is nothing wrong with the wiring and communication.

Please note that I am controlling the Tool end DO instead of the controller DO. For the Tool end circuit configuration, I am using LEDs for simple ON and OFF testing.

If the above settings are okay and there are no issues with RoboDK, could it be an IO naming issue?

In the case of RoboDK testing, I have tried using the IO names as "DO_0" / "5", "DO_1" / "6", and "DO_3" / "7".

For the case of RoboDKApi (C#) testing, I entered the following code to send the input:
_robot.setDO("DO_0", "1")

Both of these methods lead to disconnection after program execution.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Please let me know if there are any updates.
(10-17-2023, 04:42 AM)Albert Wrote: I believe there is only one connector that supports Modbus and controlling IOs on the Omron TM robot.

Hi Albert, according to the last reply, do you have any ideas for the issues? Thanks in advance.
I'm sorry for the delays, @Phillip will get in touch with you and we can setup a call if required.

For digital inputs and outpus to work with the driver you should use numbers instead of strings. Example:
Code:
_robot.setDO("0", "1")
(10-31-2023, 11:13 AM)Albert Wrote: I'm sorry for the delays, @Phillip will get in touch with you and we can setup a call if required.

For digital inputs and outpus to work with the driver you should use numbers instead of strings. Example:
Code:
_robot.setDO("0", "1")
Hi Phillip, I have noticed that the TM Robot's software (TM Flow) allows observation of the instant status of digital outputs for both the "Control box" and the "End Module." These outputs share the same names: DO 0, 1, 2, and 3. It appears that the setDO() command in the RoboDK API is linked to the digital output of the control box, and it can be set correctly.

However, my issue is that I would like to control the digital output of the "End Module," specifically the digital output at the robot flange for TM12, instead of the control box. What are the values associated with this port? Does RoboDK API support the I/O control of these ports?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(11-10-2023, 05:11 AM)cathylee6905 Wrote:
(10-31-2023, 11:13 AM)Albert Wrote: I'm sorry for the delays, @Phillip will get in touch with you and we can setup a call if required.
Code:
_robot.setDO("0", "1")
Hi Phillip, do you have any ideas for the issues? Thanks in advance.