Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

RoboDK SetRPM for 3d Printing - Limit RPM

(08-18-2023, 12:44 PM)3D_FANUC_DUDE Wrote:
(08-18-2023, 12:38 PM)Albert Wrote: There is some information in the link provided before:
https://robodk.com/doc/en/Robot-Machinin...rint3Dpost

The post processor you are using is not the default. Did you or someone in your team customize it?

I adjusted the post processor to make it work accordingly with Fanuc robot we own. Plain Jane, it will not produce files that will operate on the Fanuc. It was the slightest of tweaks.

I see the link and appreciate the info. So, would we simply drag and drop this code snipped into the existing post processor .py file? Can you provide any guidance over and above the guide?

Thanks.

I tried incorporating the code snippet provided on your end into the post-processor and the outputted program file(s) I get are the displaying all the same values. I would have assumed this would have adjusted something, even if minor or incorrect. If you can kindly suggest a path forward on this post-processor modification it would be greatly appreciated. Perhaps I misunderstood or missed something.

Thank you.

Just wanted to inform that I tried implementing some of the suggested code and there were syntax errors that prevented the modified post-processor from running correctly. Was this code snippet ever tested? 

Please inform how we can properly implement and utilize this code snippet accordingly.

As well, please kindly assist with informing on how best to adjust the post processor to establish a minimum and maximum extrusion value ( E value). As is, the straight stretches of a printed design work okay, but where there exist corners, it's a not properly calibrated at all. I would go as far as to say, it's not useable for much for than a basic square or rectangle. 

We are trying our best to move forward with RoboDk, we kindly request your full assistance on the matter.

Thank you.
There isn't a single solution to integrate your extruder as it highly depends on the hardware used for 3D printing and how you integrated it with the controller.

If you are looking for a quick workaround you can simply check if the Extruder value is positive or zero. If the Extruder parameter is greater than zero you should turn the extruder On. Otherwise, you should turn it Off. This solution does not require any post processor modifications, you should simply add the Extruder function which takes one parameter.
(08-22-2023, 06:45 PM)Albert Wrote: There isn't a single solution to integrate your extruder as it highly depends on the hardware used for 3D printing and how you integrated it with the controller.

If you are looking for a quick workaround you can simply check if the Extruder value is positive or zero. If the Extruder parameter is greater than zero you should turn the extruder On. Otherwise, you should turn it Off. This solution does not require any post processor modifications, you should simply add the Extruder function which takes one parameter.

Hi Albert,

I hear what you are saying. A negative value equates to retraction and a positive value relates to extrusion...however, a extrusion value of 1.0 vs 1000.0 yields drastically different outcomes.

Anyways, one last question. Is there a way to make it so we can set a master speed for all the motions? RoboDk wants to adjust the speed for every motion which causes the machine to stop and go, leading to moments of over extrusion while temporarily stopped during each setspeed. As is, for every motion there is a setSpeed that occurs, which not only increases the program size, but causes, as said above, over extrusion in some areas which inadvertently makes other areas appear as under extruded where there are no starts and stops (for the straight stretches). 

In a nutshell, Robodk handles straight lines of relatively longer distances fine, it's when there are turns that the program outcomes really start to suffer.

Thank you.
You can configure RoboDK to not output any speed change instructions. You should then configure the default speed in the post processor.

You should follow these steps to remove speed changes:
  1. Select Tools-Options
  2. Select the Program tab
  3. Check the option Skip speed changes in programs.