Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

RoboDK and URSim

Hello!

I wonder if it is possible to connect URSim and RoboDK environment in any way.

Thanks and best regards.

Mitja
Yes it's possible.

If you URSim is running on a Virtual Machine, RoboDK will consider it as an external device you can connect on.
If both your PC and the VM are connected to the same network, the connection should be achievable the same way you generally connect to a real robot.

Have a great day.
Jeremy
Hello!

I was able to connect the RoboDK environment with URSim.

I wonder if it is possible to send a robot program from RoboDK to URSim in any way in order to use the 'moveP' move command.

Best regards.

Mitja
Hi Mitja,

Yes, this is possible. You should trigger a call to UseMoveP to switch linear moves to movep. You can also trigger a call to UseMoveL to change it back to movel.

You can also set linear movements to movep by default by changing the variable USE_MOVEP to True in your post processor.

Albert
Hello!

If he uses  a call (UseMoveP) to switch linear moves to movep, I get this (picture in attachment).

I still have movel commands instead of movep.

Best regards.

Mitja

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hello!

Maybe a little more detailed description of the problems.

The first question is: If I run the simulation only in RoboDK (command: RUN), then the simulation runs smoothly. If I run the simulation in both RoboDK and the URSim environment (command: RUN ON ROBOT), the robot does not move smoothly in RoboDK environment - configuration changes appear. Why does this happen?

The second question is: If I use the command: RUN ON ROBOT, then the simulation is performed in both RoboDK and URSim - applies to the moveL command. How can I then similarly execute the moveP command - so that the simulation runs in both RoboDK and URSim at the same time and uses the moveP move command.
So far I've managed to use the moveP command, just by using the option: Send program to robot - but in this case the simulation runs only in URSim environment, but not in RoboDK. Is there any solution for this?

I hope I have explained the problem clearly enough.

Thanks for the help and good regards!

Mitja
Hello!

It is possible to connect RoboDK and URSim, and run both simulations simultaneously (considering that we use the moveP command to move the robot)? If possible, how can this be done?

Thanks and best regards.

Mitja
Hello!

If I understand correctly, it is possible to run the simulation at the same time in the RoboDK environment as URSim only using the commands: moveJ, moveL, moveC. In this case we use 'Run on robot'.

When using the moveP command, we need to select the appropriate postprocessor (in our case we use: Universal Robots MoveP) and then the 'Send program to robot' command. In this case, we also cannot run simulations in RoboDK and URSim simultaneously.

Can anyone confirm that I understand this right?

Thanks and best regards.

Mitja
Hi Mitja,

If you want to have movep linear movements for UR by default (when using the driver) you can open the apiur.exe.ini file and change the variable:
MOVEL_WITH_MOVEP = true

This thread explains how to open this file:
https://robodk.com/forum/Thread-Connect-...585#pid585

Albert