Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

RoboDK connection to UR5

Hi,

I'm not able to connect to UR5 robot using RoboDK software even after following all the steps in forums. I can ping the UR5 without issue, but the connection status bar never turns green, instead stopping at "Waiting...". I have attached a screenshot below, can someone help me with this process.`
UR5 : Universal Robots software : 3.3.0.145
RoboDK version: v3.8.1 -Educational(University)     

I have turned off the firewall settings and done changes in .ini file, yet I'm not able to establish a connection. 

Thank you.
Hi Midhun,

Updating to RoboDK version 5.1.1 would be a great first step.
Other than that, is your robot in "remote control" mode?

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks a lot for replying, I'll definitely update the software and I'm using CB3 series in which remote control mode is turned on as default setting. Is there anything else I need to do to make sure remote control mode is turned on?

Thank you,
Midhun
Make sure that you have access to the robot port, that it's not blocked by any IT security.

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

Jeremy, I try these solutions and get back to you tomorrow. Thanks for your help. Thank you.
Hi,

I have successfully connected UR5 to RoboDK by updating both. When I run the program I'm not able to control the gripper. Can you please let me know how to control the grippers.
Gripper type : RoboTIQ Adaptive Gripper 2-Finger 85 & 140.

Thank you.