Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

RoboDK robot panel TCP coordinate is disagree with UR robot contorller

I found a problem that RoboDK robot panel TCP coordinate(Tool Frame with respect to Referencec Frame) is disagree with the TCP coordinate of UR robot contorller, even they do have same 6 joint angles in controller and robodk.
  • use the same UR5 robot
  • tcp coordinates in robodk and in controller are both with repsect to UR5 robot base Frame
  • tcp has set the same values with UR robot controller(tcp:tool frame tool 1 with respect to robot flange)
  • robot parameters have set same link lengths with UR controller.
  • if I checked the "Use Controllers Kinematics" , then the TCP coordinate(Tool Frame with respect to Referencec Frame) will be totally same with controller tcp coordinate. But the the "Use Controllers Kinematics" only can be used for single-time (or static) computing, cannot real-time computing the tcp coordinate during draging robot tcp in roboDK station.  

Please help to find out how to make the same coordinates computed by roboDK and those computed by UR controller.

Note:TCP in roboDK and controller both are with respect to UR5 robot  base Frame

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

RoboDK normalizes the angles, so this may be the reason for the difference in the representation of these angles in the RoboDK and UR's controller.
You can check that the pose remains unchanged using, for example, Fanuc notation to check.
(12-04-2023, 02:42 PM)Sergei Wrote: RoboDK normalizes the angles, so this may be the reason for the difference in the representation of these angles in the RoboDK and UR's controller.
You can check that the pose remains unchanged using, for example, Fanuc notation to check.

Hi Sergei, I mean, they have same 6 angles, but I finally get the different tcp coordinates in robodk and my UR controller, respectively,, even set the same tcp x,y,z with respect to flange and same DH parameters.

Thanks
The TCP is not the same as the DH table. You can have the same DH table but different TCP. You should generate a program with movements and a specific TCP to see the TCP updated in your robot controller.
(12-05-2023, 08:21 AM)Albert Wrote: The TCP is not the same as the DH table. You can have the same DH table but different TCP. You should generate a program with movements and a specific TCP to see the TCP updated in your robot controller.

Hi Albert,

Now I am not even defining the TCP and directly using the flange frame coordinate. Unfortunately, the flange frame coordinates between RoboDK show and my UR5 controller are still different.

I suspect that the given DH parameters in my UR5 controller do not match the link length of the physical UR5 we are using. I believe that these DH parameters provided in all UR5 controllers are likely general parameters for all UR5 serial robots.

Anyway. Now My question is that:  Can I use RoboDK to obtain the actual DH parameters? Specifically, I want to input multiple sets of data consisting of 6 joint angles and flange frame coordinates from my UR5 controller in order to solve the real and specific DH parameters for our use of UR5. Does RoboDK software have this capability?
Did you properly update the controller kinematics in RoboDK? This requires using a URP file generated by your real robot controller.

You can find more information here:
https://robodk.com/doc/en/Robots-Univers...Kinematics