Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Robot Synchronization with Turn Table

Can anyone direct me to a video or explain how to rotate the turn table where you want the robot to weld at?  I assume, it is a teach target similar to the teach target of the TCP.

Happy New Year!
Is your external axis synchronized with your robot? (in RDK and on the real setup)
This will affect how you handle that.

Also, are you planning on using the Curve Follow Project feature? Or just creating targets manually?
This would also impact how you define a starting point.

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

(01-04-2022, 09:24 PM)Jeremy Wrote: Is your external axis synchronized with your robot? (in RDK and on the real setup)
This will affect how you handle that.

Also, are you planning on using the Curve Follow Project feature? Or just creating targets manually?
This would also impact how you define a starting point.

Jeremy

Hello Jeremy,

I am using the "Curve Follow Project". Can you show me how to get the curve follow to rotate with the E1 axis?  For and example. What I have created is a weld curve showing the welding in the zero position of plugging the holes on the side.  Typically the best way to weld this would be to rotate the external axis -90 degrees from each side.

.rdk   0611898 Robot Cell Rev14_RotateE1.rdk (Size: 16.13 MB / Downloads: 242)
If you want your curve follow project to rotate the external axis you need to synchronize it to your robot.

You can take a look at example Example-05.a located at C:\RoboDK\Library
Those are the settings you should use for your project. 

If you can afford not to move the external axis at the same time as the robot (just bring it to a point and leave it there), you should uncheck the "optimize turntable". 
Otherwise the "No comp" will be your friend in such orientation. 

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel