Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Robot model creation of Precise Automation's PF3400 robot

Yes, the joint limits should match in RoboDK.

I'm unable to understand where the mistake is. Can you provide the correct axis limits?
We can update the robot in the library.
Thanks, Albert. The joint limit range of -167 to 167 is correct. However, joint 3's zero position is off by 180 degrees. The forearm of the PF should be able to swing under the shoulder of the robot, but the current library model hits a physical limit in that region and only permits swinging from left hand to right hand orientation with the arm extended.

I'm not experienced with actual technical robot-speak, so the terms I'm using are probably not as precise as you'd like. If what I've said above isn't clear, I can post a video of me moving joint 3 on a real PF robot.

Another way of looking at this is -- try to move joint 3 around and look at its behavior with the current model @ -167 to 167. Then look at its behavior @ 12 to 348. The behavior of 12 to 348 is what we want, but the limits should be -167 to 167.

Thank you!
(05-27-2020, 01:49 PM)Albert Wrote: Yes, the joint limits should match in RoboDK.

I'm unable to understand where the mistake is. Can you provide the correct axis limits?
We can update the robot in the library.
  • Hi Albert, here's a link to the movie: PF400 joint limit demo + tucked position

Attached Files
.zip   Precise-Robot-Motion.zip (Size: 1.36 MB / Downloads: 427)
Thank you to whomever downloaded and added the attachment for me :)
Albert, I created a new project and reimported the PF400 model, but I guess it hasn't been fixed, yet. Do you know when it might be ready for me to evaluate again? Thank you!